Lost Parking spot need cover recommendations

dteel

Dana Teel
Bike
ST1300ABS
STOC #
It was my understanding that all parking is available to motorcycles, that you only have to park in motorcycle parking if you so desire...

I'd just park it where I wanted. Well, you may make some consideration for the boss...

Bike
ST 1300
The place I worked at a few years ago (7) decided to finally pave the parking lot. The bikers asked for and got a special area. The company took about three or fouir regular spaces and made them into motorcycle slots so they could get more vehicles in less space. The one other thing they did was screw into the ground long pieces of two by fours in the spaces so that the bikers would have a place for the kickstand and not worry about the paving crumpling under the hot hot florida sun. Worked out very well for everyone.

Byron

STOC #
I covered my bike a few times but usually only if it was going to get damp (rain). I simply park the bike facing South and put a Cee Bailey windshield cover on the windshield. By facing South the sun is never on the instruments and because the windshield is covered and dropped to the lowest position a lot of the front plastic is covered/protected. It's been like that for over 2 years without any problems.

Bike
04ST1300A
STOC #
+1 Nelson Riggs UV2000...XL

I bought direct from Nelson Riggs-- customer service was excellent.

--Bryan
04ST1300A
:04biker:

OP
OP

FGrella

07 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
+1 Nelson Riggs UV2000...XL

I bought direct from Nelson Riggs-- customer service was excellent.

--Bryan
04ST1300A
:04biker:
Thanks to all. I ordered the Nelson Riggs 1/2 cover yesterday.
Wish there were more east coast companies selling good stuff. I hate waiting for ground shipments from CA and I'm not willing to spend a bundle on next day air. So besides the weather and great roads another reason to despise our left cost members.

STOC #
Kewaneh mentioned on very good point - if you have started to farkle your bike, putting a cover (half cover) tends to keep prying eyes away. Folks generally don't mess with climbing under the cover because they can't see if anyone is watching them.

Top Bottom