Motion pro brake bleeder tool is GREAT.

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
I'd like to thank igofar for telling us so many times how good the Motion Pro Hydraulic brake bleed tool works.

This was the first time I've used the tool and it make the brake fluid replace such an easy job. You just slip to supplied hose on a brake caliper bleeder nipple and the other supplied hose in a bottle and open the bleed screw. Pump the brake handle or pedal and watch the old nasty fluid drain away. You're right at the lever and have your eyes on the fluid.

IT WORKS GREAT!!!

If you do your own work I'd highly suggest you buy this tool. It truly took the dread out of this regular job.

Raymond

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0143

Attachments

• 08-0143.jpg
    08-0143.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 56
I'd like to thank igofar for telling us so many times how good the Motion Pro Hydraulic brake bleed tool works.

This was the first time I've used the tool and it make the brake fluid replace such an easy job. You just slip to supplied hose on a brake caliper bleeder nipple and the other supplied hose in a bottle and open the bleed screw. Pump the brake handle or pedal and watch the old nasty fluid drain away. You're right at the lever and have your eyes on the fluid.

IT WORKS GREAT!!!

If you do your own work I'd highly suggest you buy this tool. It truly took the dread out of this regular job.

Raymond

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0143

Raymond, thank you very much for the kind words :bow1:
This is one of my favorite tools for the quick stuff, like bleeding the clutch or flushing the brakes.
When I was installing Stainless Steel brake lines on Harley Davidsons and Victory motorcycles almost daily,
I used the other Motion pro Reverse Bleeding tool, or a Very large syringe to push the fluid up the lines
from the bleeder and flood the master cylinder, before switching to the MP tool you just got.
The tool you just got instructs you to prime the line and tool (I've never had to do that) however,
I do apply pressure to the lever before I crack the bleeder, and watch to make sure the fluid reaches the MP tool
before just pumping away. I also tie the lever(s) back when finished for an hour or so to purge the micro bubbles
you can't see.
Glad you enjoy the tool.
Now go help someone bleed their brakes and spread the word.
Ride safe
Igofar

Very interesting guys,

I've looked on the net and it appears that this tool is not available down here in Australia and I'd never heard of it before so can you please pass on some words of wisdom before I go ahead and order one from over there?

Is this tool suitable for the linked system on a 1300 (I've never tried bleeding this type of system before)? If not, can you recommend what is?

Hope to hear from you soon and also hope the weather brightens up enough for doing a ride,

Dave R

+1 on the tool, and thanks also to IGOFAR for suggesting it to me. works as advertised, and cheap too.

I'm going to give it a try the next time I do a fluid change, I've never used one but if it makes life easier I'm all for it and even though I've been a mighty-vac proponent, I'm going to open my mind a little to a different approach.

Very interesting guys,

I've looked on the net and it appears that this tool is not available down here in Australia and I'd never heard of it before so can you please pass on some words of wisdom before I go ahead and order one from over there?

Is this tool suitable for the linked system on a 1300 (I've never tried bleeding this type of system before)? If not, can you recommend what is?

Hope to hear from you soon and also hope the weather brightens up enough for doing a ride,

Dave R

Dave, the key is to do the fluid change in the correct order. There are a few different ways to actually flush, Mighty Vac-Motion Pro-even manually, but the sequence is the important part.

If you have a Dremel tool, you can cut the bottom off of a Speed Bleeder (cut at the horizontal hole) and make your own. Combine it with two pieces of hose, and you have a one-way check valve for bleeding the brakes.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

If you have a Dremel tool, you can cut the bottom off of a Speed Bleeder (cut at the horizontal hole) and make your own. Combine it with two pieces of hose, and you have a one-way check valve for bleeding the brakes.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Good idea, I just happen to have one or two some where!

I would be in on a group buy also....and I would like to hear back on how the "speedbleeder" conversion goes. I know all we need is a one-way valve and the right size tubing (oh, and some directions).

Cheers, Spring is coming....16 inches of snow in Duluth yesterday over 22 inches in three days....but it will be 45 F by Thursday. (So, it is March...through the mud...in MN) On the bike soon!

Igofar-
I searched the MP site for the reverse bleeding tool and couldnt find anything. Do you have any additional info or perhaps a part number for this tool?

Ken:
Motion Pro part number is 08-316. I found a how-to video on their website but not the actual tool- http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/articles/view/829/how-to_video__diy_brake_and_clutch_bleeder_08-0316/. However, if you do a search on motionpro 08-316 you will find many sources. The tool sold by motion pro is actually a Phoenix Systems product. It is widely available including at places such as Sears. I would suggest that you consider purchasing it directly from Phoenix Systems as it is about half the price on their website- http://www.brakebleeder.com/products/brake-bleeders-1/v-12-diy.html.

Hope this helps;
Andrew

these systems look pretty easy but there seems to be a important first step missing in these videos.. How is the old fluid drained in the first place? It seems they are starting with an empty system.

I can't find my Speed Bleeders buy as Mark said, all you would need to do is open up the bottom of it where it comes to a cone and connect hoses.
That is right isn't it Mark?

Yep, a three jaw chuck and you are good to go. I would think you could just wrap the threads with enough thread tape to make a good tight fit when you shoved it in the hose. A small hose clamp wouldn't hurt either.
What are we doing on line? we should both be working on our CC!

these systems look pretty easy but there seems to be a important first step missing in these videos.. How is the old fluid drained in the first place? It seems they are starting with an empty system.

It's operation is so simple many seem to have missed it. You push the hose on the end of the bleeder tool over the brake bleed nipple on the caliper and then open the brake bleed nipple. Start pumping the brake!!!! and it's working! Your simply pumping new fluid down the lines from the brake reservoir. The bleed tool is a one way check valve that prevents back flow of old fluid or air. Doesn't get much easier then that.

Raymond

Use a syringe or vacuum pump and suck the reservoir out before you add nice clean fluid to pump through your system.

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/tools/category/hydraulic_brake_bleeder/

Her you go Ken.
I have been wanting to order one for some time but want to wait till I need something else to make the shipping worth it.
They are small enough, maybe we should think about a bulk/group buy and ship in cheap mailers???

Bigmak-
Thanks for that reference. However, what I was looking for was the reverse bleeder that was mentioned. Andrew did post up about the reverse bleeder from Phoenix Systems who he says is the source from MP gets their reverse bleeder. You can see in the MP video about the reverse bleeding process that the bleeder the tech is using looks identical to the reverse bleeder on the Phoenix Systems site. And, like Andrew, I couldnt find the reverse bleeder on the MP site either.

Top Bottom