Mr. Donaldson - R.I.P. 10/15/2014

I won't be able to make this trip so site #94 is available Wed/Sun. Ashley asked to share Friday and Saturday and V8-7 asked about Thursday. Let me know ASAP I don't want any camper to show up with no place to camp. Ken Zook 805-584-3187

Doggone it! I was looking forward to his wisdom. :bow1: :D

moseszook.jpg

Site #94 primary is now KTD1911 for Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Ashley can pay him for his stay. Karl is paying me. Wednesday is still paid for, same site different reservation number. So they charge $17.75 to cancel a $26.88 reservation!

Site #94 primary is now KTD1911 for Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Ashley can pay him for his stay. Karl is paying me. Wednesday is still paid for, same site different reservation number. So they charge $17.75 to cancel a $26.88 reservation!

thanks Ken for the site Ashley and I will take good care of it in your absence :) wish you could make it

It is a euphemism for "for Christ's sake" but it was felt taking the name of God in vain was offensive and dangerous as a curse. "For St. Peter's sake" was the next best thing. Then the LGBT crowd felt "for St. Pete's sake" was discriminatory so it was " For Peter, Paul, and Mary's sake". That took too much time so they then just found a holy, gay, gender changed guy named just "Pete" to reference......
Thanks Tom. I knew I could count on you for a pure & logical explanation to the question.

See ya soon.

I just talked to a very nice lady at the campground about access to site #94. KTD1911 has it 4/30-5/3 and Wednesday is still paid for and I'm not going to cancel it. All you need to get to the site is my name Ken Zook. I hope someone can use it.

See you down the road Ken, I hope everything is alright.

A couple of side notes to consider... 1) When visiting Fort Rucker, it would be wise to leave your firearms safely stored back at camp... it is a military installation and some frown on civilians carrying fire arms on base. 2) I Was considering having a group dinner gathering Saturday evening at "Triple Tales" Seafood grill near Cape San Blas... but they only accept cash and their main dishes start around $18 - 25. They have some less expensive sandwiches and such... They also have a "convenient" telly machine, but it charges a $2 service fee when using it. We can discuss it later at the state park or after the gathering on Saturday.
Remember to ride safe!

Vinny - BTW, what time will you be at the museum? I'll be booking down from Nashville to Fort Rucker to be there on Friday.

12:00 ET or 11:00 CST

I just talked to a very nice lady at the campground about access to site #94. KTD1911 has it 4/30-5/3 and Wednesday is still paid for and I'm not going to cancel it. All you need to get to the site is my name Ken Zook. I hope someone can use it.

That is really nice Ken, I'm sure it will go to good use.

Charles (Seawalker) and I are leaving Murfreesboro around 9:30 AM tomorrow and riding south on 231 then 431, 72, 431, 169, and back to 431; camping at Lake Point State Park in Eufaula, Al tomorrow evening. We will continue on to Cape San Blas Thursday AM.
Anyone that wants to meet us and ride along is more than welcome.
See you all Thursday PM! Ride safe.

Well leaving paducah KY today still have not decided if I want to do all 670 miles today to port st Jo. Or break it down to 2 leisurely days and be there Thursday. Any thoughts?

Well leaving paducah KY today still have not decided if I want to do all 670 miles today to port st Jo. Or break it down to 2 leisurely days and be there Thursday. Any thoughts?
If you are going anywhere close to Birmingham I know I'd stop at https://www.barbermuseum.org/ and spend a few hours. Incredible motorcycle museum.

Just trying to decide on 11 hours in saddle or 2. 5.5 hour days yall didn't help much on deciding now I have another decision to make, museum?

Just trying to decide on 11 hours in saddle or 2. 5.5 hour days yall didn't help much on deciding now I have another decision to make, museum?

Easy answer! Just do what Bob would have done ....... early start, a couple hours at Barber's, continue on to St. Joe ....... :D!

Back
Top Bottom