Mr. Donaldson - R.I.P. 10/15/2014

Crazy request that is off topic of this thread but since there will be a lot of attendees at this event I'll ask here. Does anyone coming to this event have a Aerostich Roadcrafter 44R that I could try on?

Crazy request that is off topic of this thread but since there will be a lot of attendees at this event I'll ask here. Does anyone coming to this event have a Aerostich Roadcrafter 44R that I could try on?

I'll be wearing my 44L Aerostich Roadcrafter which you are very welcome to try on.

I'll have mine with me also, though I don't know what size it is.

I'll have mine with me also, though I don't know what size it is.

Size%2520matters.jpg

Last edited:
If you decide to arrive Wednesday, the campsite #94 is still reserved and available.

Just landed in your site Ken for Wed. Night. Thanks my friend and there is a steak on me when we cross paths again, btw the risers are great.... If any one wants to put up on Kens site tonight #94 give me a call for gate code. 605-520-4461.
The Dan

Ok no cell service here. Gate code. 4826

Last edited:
As people are on the way or getting ready to head over, what's . . . the schedule?

Vinnie or someone with a better memory than I, could you post up the places and times noteworthy of consideration?

Otherwise there's over 200 posts to wade through.

Shuey

For the early arrivals (arriving Thursday) And any folksshowing up early Friday morning? we will be visiting the ?Army Aviation Museum?at Fort Rucker, Alabama. Bob was trainedto fly Helicopters there and later in his career spent some time as a leadingofficer in charge of helicopter maintenance (I think). Will be leaving the state park at 7:15 am andriding to ?Sisters? restaurant in Port St. Joe. Kick Stands up at 9:00 after breakfast and depart for Fort Rucker. Weshould arrive just before 12:00 pm EST. Will visit the museum until all are satisfied,catch lunch (to be determined) Selection is poor at best in Fort Rucker? Ride back to State Park and arrive sometimebetween 5:30 and 6:00.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Saturday: Will be upto each individual to arrange their own breakfast. The official agenda will be: 10:00 am, gather at the beach opposite ?EagleHarbor? (located in the park) for a memorial ?get together??.. Members of Bob?sfamily will be there. This will be avery informal time to honor Bob? Hisfamily will have some comments about Bob, and we encourage anyone who wouldlike to tell of their favorite moments spent with Bob to feel free and sharewith us all. Afterwards, we will gather at ?The Sand Bucket? for lunchat 12:00 noon. Following lunch,approximately 1:30, we will have our ?Official Memorial Ride? to nearby Apalachicolato the ?Veterans Memorial Park?. It is about 30 miles from the state park andwe would like to stay together as a group? shouldn?t be too hard because theroads are mostly straight with few signals along the way. When we arrive, we will talk briefly aboutBob?s military career. Many of you maynot know, but the military was a huge part of Bob?s life he seldom talkedabout. After the comments, there will bea ?Flag Setting? around the Three Soldiers statute, a moment of silence, and ?Taps?will be played on the Bugle. This willconclude the ?Official? part of the memorial ride.
If there are enough folks who are still wanting to rideafter the memorial gathering, I will lead a ride down the coast a ways, if not,we can choose a pace to gather later for dinner or we can just go back to thepark and relax.
Sunday will be departure day?

From page 17, post 161

Ride Safe
John and Janis

Well, I was only able to sign up for this event last weekend, due to a prior commitment that went away. I got a call yesterday that a close family friend passed away & his family has requested that I participate in the funeral service tomorrow. If anyone needs a spot to pitch a tent, I had taken Ashley's (Smash) spot - site #107. The site is shared with George. I will PM him to let him know, though I expect he is on the road. I hate to miss this, but I need to take care of things on the home front. You guys ride safe.

FWIW, I have accommodations for 2-3 riders in New Albany, MS, if anyone traveling along Hwy 78 from Memphis to Birmingham needs a spot to sleep. Just give me a call at 662-316-8880.

John

Carole and I have 67tonight and move across the road to 64 ma?ana. Bob Dentene will join us when he gets here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom