My bargain ST came with a broken windshield

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Ok, I've been checking windshields out from Clearview etc... I think just to get my feet wet, I'm going to buy a cheap (needs polishing) stock windshield, and go from there. It's from a 95' ST1100, will that bolt onto my 2000?
I have a clearview. If u get one, get the wing vent too

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
Ok, I've been checking windshields out from Clearview etc... I think just to get my feet wet, I'm going to buy a cheap (needs polishing) stock windshield, and go from there. It's from a 95' ST1100, will that bolt onto my 2000?
Yes, all years (1100) interchange.

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
When setting up your bike, I think there are 3 main things to consider. Get a seat that is comfortable. Then the handle bars that work with the seat. Last would be the windshield. Changing the seat or handle bars changes the body position.

OP
OP
Beeflips

Beeflips

(it's me...Greg) Returning some videotapes
Bike
2000 ST1100Y
When setting up your bike, I think there are 3 main things to consider. Get a seat that is comfortable. Then the handle bars that work with the seat. Last would be the windshield. Changing the seat or handle bars changes the body position.
Thanks Ron, That's why I'm not going all in on buying a Clearview just yet. I have not even ridden this bike a mile yet. I'm getting the last minute stuff together right now. Just bought a used stock windshield on eBay and once my carbs are wrapped up, then I'll get it together, get some miles on it and see how it feels.
I still have to plate the bike yet, so there's that too.

rwthomas1

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100 non-ABS
PhotoDoc and Uncle Phil, and anyone else with a Madstad on an ST1100, I'm looking for input on what the adjustment of the Madstad allows for. I'm generally very happy with the Laminar Lip on the factory windscreen. My issue is the coverage is TOO good in hot weather. IF the Madstad adjustment allows for more air (clean non buffeting) in the summer, and then a quick tweak to full coverage in the cold weather I may go for it. Any input appreciated.

RT

Top Bottom