My no-mar tire changer (HF Mods)

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
That post was from 2007 and the original location of the pictures - not on this site - no longer exist...

Bike
2010 ST1300
Does anyone have pictures of their HF changer that they have moded that they would be willing to post?

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Here's some shots of mine with the MoJo blocks. I removed the bolt on the arm so you can remove it without removing the rim to get the tire off. I also cut some wood blocks to keep the rim off the ground when bead breaking. And I did have to reinforce the 'peg' latch that holds the MC mount in place.

Attachments

Reginald

cyclepoke
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
The below link from the first post will take you to another forum where there is a well done explanation of the modifications with very clear pictures.
http://www.motorcyclistcafe.com/forums/showthread.php?3737-HF-Tire-Machine-Modifications
Jamming did some excellent work on the HF tire changer. Very clear pictures. Not so sure I'm as good a machinist and I definitely don't have a drill press to drill the bolt holes in the HF blocks to attach the high density polypropylene plastic blocks and wedges. Wish I was, I'd copy the work!

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
What I found is without the 'arm', the rim tended to 'walk' when clamped by the MoJo blocks. I solved that by using an old piece of broom handle stuck down from the arm between the spokes. IRRC, the blocks just required a hole drilled in the top of the original 'grabbers'.

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
The below link from the first post will take you to another forum where there is a well done explanation of the modifications with very clear pictures.
http://www.motorcyclistcafe.com/forums/showthread.php?3737-HF-Tire-Machine-Modifications
Thanks for posting that. I already have the bar from No Mar but was only using it on my dirt/dual sport wheels because I didn't want to scratch the ST wheels. When I migrate south in fall, my HF tire machine will get that modification.

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
The cutting board pieces are too thick, get the mojoblocks and save yourself the aggravation....... definitely cover the bead breaker and rim rest however. Wood on the floor like Uncle Phil's to rest the wheel on so brake rotors don't touch the floor. I don't use the overarm, but occasionally have issues with the wheel spinning on the mojoblocks. Was thinking of mounting a piece of pipe, threaded rod, etc. vertically (covered with garden hose) to rest against a wheel spoke...... should do that soon.
The new HF changer is sloppier in the mojoblock supports, can shim them, as I saw posted somewhere......

Here's some shots of mine with the MoJo blocks. I removed the bolt on the arm so you can remove it without removing the rim to get the tire off. I also cut some wood blocks to keep the rim off the ground when bead breaking. And I did have to reinforce the 'peg' latch that holds the MC mount in place.
what about the center shaft, did you have to change that to fit through your wheel bearings?

Top Bottom