New Garmin Zumo XT

larryg

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
Does the XT has a red light cameras warning?
Yes it does. But you have to have Garmin Drive installed on your phone for it to work.
I get Red Light Cam alerts all the time on my XT.

jfheath

John Heath
Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300 A9
2024 Miles
STOC #
Anyone? It's not that hard :)
Hi @GryST.

Yes. Vias to Shaping on the XT edit screen ? It moves them, and if you assigned your own name, it renames them too. The move is not insignificant. It seems to move the points backwards and in all of the tests that I have done, where possible it has moved the point so that it follows the fastest route between the two adjacent points. So the original point was located to avoid the fastest route, the Xt seemed to move it to make sure it takes the fastest route.

Please complain to Garmin about this. I reported it over a year ago. I followed it up a couple of weeks ago. In both cases it has been reproduced and acknowledged by Garmin. The last reply was a general - yes, thank you. we cannot guarantee that a fix will be put in place for your model, but it will be included in the development of future models. (I paraphrase).

Just as well it has a two year guarantee. The phrase 'not fit for purpose' springs to mind.

The last update mentioned addressing the handling of shaping points, but it didn't fix this issue.

Incidentally, the same fault exists on the 595, but not the 590.

Top Bottom