New Honda Model Announced-Rebel 1100

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
I think Honda's got a winner here for the target market. Don't see myself as much of a cruiser guy but this looks pretty good.

OP
OP
bdalameda

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
I'm not a cruiser kind of person but this cruiser is better than most. It has a great engine, cruise control and also available with the DCT transmission and is also lighter than most. It will make a good fun beginner bike and they did not go crazy with the chassis, wheels etc. so it should handle well. This thing will destroy a Sportster and many other larger V-Twin cruisers.

Highway STar

Jock of all trades
Site Supporter
Bike
2012 Victory Vision
STOC #
Funny that an 1100 in now considered a "mid-sized" model....
Pretty good price point for a bike that size.
I won't be buying one myself but I would ride it with the pillion option installed....

Smudgemo

Intermodal Man of Mystery
Bike
'08 GS / '78 CB550
I think the 300 version is a fantastic starter bike especially compared to the old 250 rebel, and in fact a friend of mine started on a 300 before moving up. Just not sure who this one is targeting - certainly not me..

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
I don't understand what Honda's strategy is--what market data or stimuli is driving that model? Then I wonder if perhaps it is not a market-data driven decision, and is simply Honda taking a stab at something using an existing modern engine into which they've poured a lot of money. Dunno.

OP
OP
bdalameda

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
I don't understand what Honda's strategy is--what market data or stimuli is driving that model? Then I wonder if perhaps it is not a market-data driven decision, and is simply Honda taking a stab at something using an existing modern engine into which they've poured a lot of money. Dunno.
Honda is also using the Africa Twin based engine in a UTV Side-by-side and a watercraft I believe as well.

mello dude

Half genius, half dumazz whackjob foole
Well nuts, I wanted a new ST or VFR!
If they made a new ST using the VFR1200 engine-- -that would be a beast!

And us VFR crazies have been begging for a 130 hp VFR999 with top shelf suspension and brakes for a decade. Honda doesnt listen, they come out with a neutered rehash of the same bike they have been building since 2002....

Bike
2007 STinkerbell
I see some nice features there. Decent power to weight, ok looks, good transmission (is it 6 speed? I imagine it is...),solid engine platform, nice headlight, ride by wire, honda accessories.
It looks like a nice little cruiser, and it looks like Honda is showing at least some support behind it.
Of course, I’d like a lighter ST, but that’s probably what the GL is for. (With theexception of being light.)

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
If they made a new ST using the VFR1200 engine-- -that would be a beast!

And us VFR crazies have been begging for a 130 hp VFR999 with top shelf suspension and brakes for a decade. Honda doesnt listen, they come out with a neutered rehash of the same bike they have been building since 2002....

You mean like this?

Top Bottom