Old Enough To Remember?

Me too - the best routing software I've ever seen! :biggrin:
Yeah, I too miss the old MS AutoRoute...
Highly convenient for planing multiple days/weeks on the road... those 'daily profile settings' were absolutely great...
Like entering what time & date I had to be at a ferry port in the Netherlands, and the thing recalculated all tours/days prior to that so I knew exactly when to leave home...
Or [show (selectable category) POI's up to distance-X along the route]; found something nice, just right-click & [add stop XX minutes] and have your sightseeing or lunch stop added, brilliant!

Garmin MapSource and BaseCamp missed so much potential by omitting those functions...
 
Yeah, I too miss the old MS AutoRoute...
Highly convenient for planing multiple days/weeks on the road... those 'daily profile settings' were absolutely great...
Like entering what time & date I had to be at a ferry port in the Netherlands, and the thing recalculated all tours/days prior to that so I knew exactly when to leave home...
Or [show (selectable category) POI's up to distance-X along the route]; found something nice, just right-click & [add stop XX minutes] and have your sightseeing or lunch stop added, brilliant!

Garmin MapSource and BaseCamp missed so much potential by omitting those functions...
Autoroute still runs on Win 11 Pro ... ;)
And IIRC you can export a GPX file from S&T/Autoroute which Garmin should read.
 
Autoroute still runs on Win 11 Pro ...
Well aware of that... :cool:
And IIRC you can export a GPX file from S&T/Autoroute which Garmin should read.
hmm, the map projections do differ so results are questionable and require quite some editing...
But as said, planning multiple days in MS AR gives a nice overview and base structure, which can then be refined in Garmin plotting software...
 
There were always two options at mealtime, take it, or leave it..... well... at least until the next mealtime when it was served up again!
Wow. I wish I'd had such permissive parents. I was told we can't afford to waste food, so I could just sit there until I was hungry enough to eat it. No between meal breaks. Also, no reheating. It was my fault it got cold.
 
Every atom in your body used to be somewhere far more interesting...

330px-NGC_4414_%28NASA-med%29.jpg
 
RD was the only mail my grandmother was really excited over.
A subscription to the Donauland publishers was a big deal back then...
You got those monthly RD booklets, which I always found highly interesting, and you had to order a hardback quarterly, otherwise they shipped you one of their Reader's Digest selection books by default:

9123t3m-ElL._SL1500_.jpg

Four (compressed) novels in one book, my "first contact" with world-literature if you will ;)
And everyone's living room bookshelves were full with them :cool:
 
Back
Top Bottom