Old Enough To Remember?

... another one for us fossils...

556425065_10214573646090412_1962083802108910538_n.jpg
OMG, that takes me back to 1999.. waiting 2 months for the IT department to install a LAN cable to my new test bench. Decided to take matters in my own hand and connected a 75 ohm cable, splitter and terminator on a 50 Ohm network. I finally had network acces, but inadvertently messed up the LAN on half the site. Never realised there were different values... When IT finally found out the cause, they made a big fuss, which obviously backfired :)
 
Screenshot_20250926-141947.png
Fanny pack goes below gut, it keeps the elastic belt line above the tummy where it belongs. Not below the butt crack where they end up. Like the kids today
 
Wow ... that just reminded me what we did in the 60's as a kid.

I might be wrong ... were they Estes rockets? I remember the scariness of launching those ... might be why I'm on blood pressure meds now.
I still have three Estes rockets in my shop. One complete....many years back....and two still packaged. I lost the launcher somehow and never replaced it.
 
Finally had to use my spare, wondering if anyone might have any idea how old it is.
Sears "Guardsman" rubber is still very flexible and holds 28 psi [so far :oops: ] only need it to roll around until I get another set.
Now where did I put my Sears catalogue...
[edit] will photo the info off the sidewall and see if it can be dated
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8951.jpg
    IMG_8951.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8955.jpg
    IMG_8955.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Finally had to use my spare, wondering if anyone might have any idea how old it is.
Sears "Guardsman" rubber is still very flexible and holds 28 psi [so far :oops: ] only need it to roll around until I get another set.
Now where did I put my Sears catalogue...
[edit] will photo the info off the sidewall and see if it can be dated
At least your spare has been 'inside'. Mine's still hanging under my Hyundai for 15 years now. It also still holds air.
 
Back
Top Bottom