Old Enough To Remember?

Doesn't it strike you as weird that the kids today that we complain about are somehow....our kids or the kids raised by our children, who we raised.
Of course, I have noticed it is always somebody else's kids who need guidance, not mine. Even though I still try to coach them in the ways of the world..... they still don't listen to me, I will have to be a better example, maybe they are watching at the least.
I also think it is interesting that I heard the exact same thing from my dad and my grandfather, just as a guess they heard it from their parents too. Too bad they did not have social media to help spread the word since what is spread there is only the truth, but wait, I am on social media now aren't I?

Parenting.jpg
 
I had sticker shock at the checkout this week. There were the 3-pack of Reese’s PB cups, next to the counter. I thought I wanted one until I saw the price of $3.99. Heck, for that price, I could get an order of fries.

John
Heart disease or diabetes, take your pick..lol
 
Anyone still shut off lights when leaving a room because their parents used to say "don't waste electricity! :unsure:
My wife switches of the lights when I am still in the room!
I try to tell her that LED lights only consume a few cents worth per hour and that she should pay more attention to keeping the door shut so the heat doesn't escape. But us humans cannot see heat, so the disucssion is moot :rolleyes-2x:
 
I try to tell her that LED lights only consume a few cents worth per hour and that she should pay more attention to keeping the door shut so the heat doesn't escape.
Far worse: the starting current of LED power controllers turns any intended savings by switching them off ad absurdum...
My kitchen and hallway lights are only off when I'm not home, or asleep...
 
Anyone still shut off lights when leaving a room because their parents used to say "don't waste electricity! :unsure:
Yes, I do still. And
Screenshot_20251202-062820.png
I watched a movie the not far in the past that showed when you cut the truck air line, brake fluid squirted out. It was not this movie, I have enough problems with this one
 
Back
Top Bottom