Paint match for ST1300 fork legs?

Bike
'07 ST 1300 & '91 GW
STOC #
Dupli-Color High Performance Wheel Coating HWP101 Silver
I have found it at NAPA & AutoZone , probably can get it on -line too , I would guess

This is an example of this paint I re-finished my original Helibars with :

Also the saddlebag crash bars I made :

Attachments

Last edited:

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
This matches really well and I had good results with it.

Rust-Oleum Silver Metallic #7271.

OP
OP
Johnny Rocco
Bike
'05 ST1300
Dupli-Color High Performance Wheel Coating HWP101 Silver
I have found it at NAPA & AutoZone , probably can get it on -line too , I would guess

This is an example of this paint I re-finished my original Helibars with :

Also the saddlebag crash bars I made :
Would you say it's a match?

Bike
'07 ST 1300 & '91 GW
STOC #
Would you say it's a match?
Yes , I just went out to look at mine ; I don't know how you would get any closer . My fork legs are a little textured & that texture would still show up through the paint , so it would look like new forks again .
The lighting of the picture of my saddlebag guards shows the correct silver , more than the Helibars pic that was picking up the lighting in my living room .

In my first job out of college I was an Industrial Designer & worked also in a couple model shops , matching paint as one responsibility of that , including a LOT of silver paints .

Last edited:
OP
OP
Johnny Rocco
Bike
'05 ST1300
Yes , I just went out to look at mine ; I don't know how you would get any closer . My fork legs are a little textured & that texture would still show up through the paint , so it would look like new forks again .
The lighting of the picture of my saddlebag guards shows the correct silver , more than the Helibars pic that was picking up the lighting in my living room .

In my first job out of college I was an Industrial Designer & worked also in a couple model shops , matching paint as one responsibility of that , including a LOT of silver paints .
Thank you!
Happy to hear that.
I am a fanatic for detail (to my dismay lol) and this has been a bad week for my new to me ST.

First the Superglue incident, then late this past week an oncoming dump truck shed its’ overloaded load of gravel all over me, my buddy and our bikes, with predictable results.

Bike
'07 ST 1300 & '91 GW
STOC #
late this past week an oncoming dump truck shed its’ overloaded load of gravel all over me, my buddy and our bikes, with predictable results.
If rocks hit your forks and put an obvious depression in the aluminum , or a standing up burr / lump , very locally sand or fine file off the burr down to the base surface .
Fill in a depression & texture with J-B Weld - KwikWeld. Fill up to level of base surface , Dry . Then try to match texture with a very small stiff bristle brush . Carefully very fine sand any sharp points . Then paint

Top Bottom