Paint match for ST1300 fork legs?

Dupli-Color High Performance Wheel Coating HWP101 Silver
I have found it at NAPA & AutoZone , probably can get it on -line too , I would guess

This is an example of this paint I re-finished my original Helibars with :

Also the saddlebag crash bars I made :

Attachments

• Dupli-Color Silver paint cc.JPG
    Dupli-Color Silver paint cc.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2284 Cc.jpg
    IMG_2284 Cc.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Dupli-Color High Performance Wheel Coating HWP101 Silver
I have found it at NAPA & AutoZone , probably can get it on -line too , I would guess

This is an example of this paint I re-finished my original Helibars with :

Also the saddlebag crash bars I made :

Would you say it's a match?

Would you say it's a match?
Yes , I just went out to look at mine ; I don't know how you would get any closer . My fork legs are a little textured & that texture would still show up through the paint , so it would look like new forks again .
The lighting of the picture of my saddlebag guards shows the correct silver , more than the Helibars pic that was picking up the lighting in my living room .

In my first job out of college I was an Industrial Designer & worked also in a couple model shops , matching paint as one responsibility of that , including a LOT of silver paints .

Last edited:
Yes , I just went out to look at mine ; I don't know how you would get any closer . My fork legs are a little textured & that texture would still show up through the paint , so it would look like new forks again .
The lighting of the picture of my saddlebag guards shows the correct silver , more than the Helibars pic that was picking up the lighting in my living room .

In my first job out of college I was an Industrial Designer & worked also in a couple model shops , matching paint as one responsibility of that , including a LOT of silver paints .

Thank you!
Happy to hear that.
I am a fanatic for detail (to my dismay lol) and this has been a bad week for my new to me ST.

First the Superglue incident, then late this past week an oncoming dump truck shed its’ overloaded load of gravel all over me, my buddy and our bikes, with predictable results.

late this past week an oncoming dump truck shed its’ overloaded load of gravel all over me, my buddy and our bikes, with predictable results.
If rocks hit your forks and put an obvious depression in the aluminum , or a standing up burr / lump , very locally sand or fine file off the burr down to the base surface .
Fill in a depression & texture with J-B Weld - KwikWeld. Fill up to level of base surface , Dry . Then try to match texture with a very small stiff bristle brush . Carefully very fine sand any sharp points . Then paint

Back
Top Bottom