R1150RT....The Truth???????

rbs

Bike
08 ST
STOC #
In my opinion it was by far the best looking bike I ever owned. The greatest loss when going to the ST wa giving up all that weight vs the RT.

However I think the biggest gain was the availability of dealers. BMW dealers are far and few between so they have very little competition between them.

I switched because of so many reported spline problems and the distance between dealers. But I must say I loved that bike and the BMWMOA.

For a third bike I would jump on it.

Bike
2007 ST 1300
STOC #
In my opinion it was by far the best looking bike I ever owned. The greatest loss when going to the ST wa giving up all that weight vs the RT.

However I think the biggest gain was the availability of dealers. BMW dealers are far and few between so they have very little competition between them.

I switched because of so many reported spline problems and the distance between dealers. But I must say I loved that bike and the BMWMOA.

For a third bike I would jump on it.
rbs has some great points:

1-the 1150 RT is beautiful.

2-For 2002, I think the only glitch compared to other 1150s is that the servo brakes are a bit grabbier, but I became used to them easily on my 03.

3--If it is not your primary bike that you must depend upon for long rides [ see reports of numerous BMW failures in IBA rallies of 2003 and 2007 or ask others on this site with experience in BMW catastrophic failures], I can see owning it especially if the price is right and you have access to all dealer work.

Top Bottom