Rededication to our fallen friends, replacing Moki Dugway Memorial canister

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Stopped up on the Moki to check on the memorial, it's gone. Need to start a new one, so if anyone has anything to contribute, send it to me:

George Catt
2174 Omaha Drive
Kingman, Arizona 86401

I'll make up a new tin, including items for Putt, Terry, Derek, Charlie, and Curt, plus anyone else you all think should be included. Stickers, trinkets, funeral memorials, etc. I'll put in a new log book with a fresh entry, including Terry's poem. Pictures would be appropriate.

I've got some Moonshine stickers and lots of Krazy KZ stickers, but I'm all out of Terry memorial stickers.

Anything else?

Once we have a package ready, I'll schedule another run up that way... should be later in the fall.

George, I have a new Terry memorial sticker if you need it for the memorial.

Thanks, George. Might I recommend OtterBox or Pelican box? How big of a box are you contemplating? I may have what you need in my massive collection of camping/canoeing gear.

Sad to hear the memorial is missing. I made the firST entry in the log... [hmm... a piton and steel cable anchoring the new box to the rock?]

John

I'll make up a new tin, including items for Putt, Terry, Derek, Charlie, and Curt, plus anyone else you all think should be included. Stickers, trinkets, funeral memorials, etc. I'll put in a new log book with a fresh entry, including Terry's poem. Pictures would be appropriate.

I don't mean to be a stick in the mud here but I thought Terry started this as a memorial to Putt. I have no problem recognizing others who have passed on but we are already doing that with the STOC tag package. I would rather see Putt's memorial reestablished at Moki and perhaps give some consideration for starting one up for Terry at another location. I know Terry was real partial to a certain spot up at Glacier National Park (Roger or Jay know the location). Besides, just gives us a chance to do more riding. Just my humble opinion.

Thanks George for taking this on...

I don't mean to be a stick in the mud here but I thought Terry started this as a memorial to Putt. I have no problem recognizing others who have passed on but we are already doing that with the STOC tag package. I would rather see Putt's memorial reestablished at Moki and perhaps give some consideration for starting one up for Terry at another location. I know Terry was real partial to a certain spot up at Glacier National Park (Roger or Jay know the location). Besides, just gives us a chance to do more riding. Just my humble opinion.

No stick in the mud at all.

I agree, this was always the 'Putt Memorial' location.
https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?70788-Putt-s-Memorial-Location

I can head over there on my way to WiSTOC and replace it. I'll alter my routes tonight. If you want to send me something to put in it let me know.

George, if you have better stuff to put there just replace it when you get there. I should be there 2 weeks from this coming sunday, Sep 2nd.

Why anyone would take the log and momentos is beyond me. Pretty fricking sad. It would be nice if the log book could be reproduced.

John

We'll include a log book, and add some dedications. I wanna put Terry's poem in there.

As to keeping it Putt's Memorial, it already had a bunch of Terry stuff added. Jus' sayin'.

I also know Kreis had/has plans to do a Terry Memorial, don't think it's been placed yet. Kreis?

Having separate memorials for each is okay with me...

Karen said:
An Otter box may be too big to be easily concealed.

I have a black Otterbox, outside dimensions: 6 3/8" x 4" x 1 5/8"

They make a lot of different sizes. Waterproof of course.

Last edited:
I don't know where to get an otter box locally but I'll head to Cabelas this weekend and get a pelican case
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Camp..._l=SBC;cat104795280;cat104758380;cat104682780

s7_128582_101_003

I like this as I can tape a notice that can be seen through the top to ask to please do not remove and why.

That looks great, Joe... thanks for jumping in. Mostly the log book and a dedication are what I'm thinking. I have a copy of the funeral service for both Terry and Putt I'll dig up 'n copy, get'em there soon as possible.

Still waiting to hear back from Kreis.

Also thinking I'm gonna (finally) do something similar for Derek down in Seneca, SC. Had a cross there for a long time but it's gone now too.

There is already a memorial for Kent in AR. I'm sure there are many similar across the country. Seeing a cross or two at a roadside always brings a lump to my throat.

That looks great, Joe... thanks for jumping in. Mostly the log book and a dedication are what I'm thinking. I have a copy of the funeral service for both Terry and Putt I'll dig up 'n copy, get'em there soon as possible.

Still waiting to hear back from Kreis.

Also thinking I'm gonna (finally) do something similar for Derek down in Seneca, SC. Had a cross there for a long time but it's gone now too.

There is already a memorial for Kent in AR. I'm sure there are many similar across the country. Seeing a cross or two at a roadside always brings a lump to my throat.

No problem, at the very least I'll have the container there w/notepad & pencil.

I have a tough time riding Push Mtn Road in AR these days.. Just can't focus on it, maybe that's a good thing, remembering is a good reality check.

+1 On what Scooter said.

Me personally, I don't need any memorials. I think about these riders nearly every ride whether its a multiday multimile trip or just a quick trip up to the hardware store.

I have been wanting to go by Push Mountain and see if the marker is still there... If I get a chance this weekend, I will see.
(I will have to go back and try and see exactly where it is... I have ridden by it and not known it was there)

Derek was ATGATT too, but a hard landing can still get ya. All we're doing is reducing the odds in our favor a little. Biggest cause of death is LIFE,,, impossible to survive that malady. Current family situation just emphasizes it.

OTOH, there is another gal at the nursing home who just turned 106 last Saturday,,, she's the oldest living person in SoIN, still has a quick wit and sense of humor. And a big smile for everyone.

Life goes on...

My rear pegs have been down since early 94.

Top Bottom