Rededication to our fallen friends, replacing Moki Dugway Memorial canister

Thanks George, that helps. If the weather will allow I may try to stop there on my way to Moonshine next year.. And yes that would be on the way to moonshine from NH, I plan to take the long way.. :D

Not a way point, but here's the coordinates: 37.27669, -109.93575

I hope to finally get there while out on my SCMA Top 15 MC Roads Challenge ride this summer. The Dugway isn't one of the roads, but I've actually added several so it will be the SCME Top 15 plus another dozen or so I added like the Dugway. Sure hope I can find the memorial!

Mellow et al:

Am just reading this thread, and discovered a whole new part of this Board.
I rode Push Mountain Road a few weeks ago, and wish I knew there was a memorial of sorts to stop at, and this got me thinking.

I am one of 'those' real life GeoCachers out there, and am wondering if it may be of value to take these memorial spots, and create real GeoCaches for them. it would allow us to monitor the status of the spots better, maintain them when necessary, and find them all in one fell swoop. I could create a series of ST_Owners memorial caches, as long as I had a contact for maintenance. I already have a memorial Geocaching coin out there for my brother, and would be happy to build these.

i think this is a great concept, and would love to know the thoughts of others on the Board.

Mellow et al:

Am just reading this thread, and discovered a whole new part of this Board.
I rode Push Mountain Road a few weeks ago, and wish I knew there was a memorial of sorts to stop at, and this got me thinking.

I am one of 'those' real life GeoCachers out there, and am wondering if it may be of value to take these memorial spots, and create real GeoCaches for them. it would allow us to monitor the status of the spots better, maintain them when necessary, and find them all in one fell swoop. I could create a series of ST_Owners memorial caches, as long as I had a contact for maintenance. I already have a memorial Geocaching coin out there for my brother, and would be happy to build these.

i think this is a great concept, and would love to know the thoughts of others on the Board.

Thanks for the proposal but I think the best way for us to remember those that have gone before us is to continue riding, anywhere.. The one we did for Putt includes ALL those that have gone before and rather than have 100's of little places, I think it means more to have that one location that is not some place you get to all the time or gets a lot of traffic, so when you do get a chance to get there, it's something special.

Understood - my thinking is it would be easier to find for those of us who haven't followed the original threads. today was the first i heard of Moki's cannister and Putts etc.

There's lots of posts on the site and many times something gets by that you may find of interest. Keeping this thread alive is about the best we can do IMO.

If you need the exact location of various memorials...(once you know they exist) just make a post asking. Many of us have coordinates, photos, etc...

Thinking of doing n RTE/memorial ride near Seneca, SC next Memorial Day weekend. It'll be 20 years.

I still miss my boy.

Thinking of doing n RTE/memorial ride near Seneca, SC next Memorial Day weekend. It'll be 20 years.

I still miss my boy.

George, If you do, I'm in. Seneca is 50 miles from my doorstep. I was in the Walhalla area on SC 28 Saturday.

Folks, stopped at the Moki yesterday afternoon. Assume no one has actually replaced the old package yet as I found nothing there. I don't recall anyone mentioning it while at NatSTOC either. Given I promised to do something and I live much closer than most, guess It'll be the first trip on my DRZ. Wanna ride thru Garden of the Gods again, avoided yesterday due to major rain in the area for several days.

Saw one big truck, not as big as the ones Mac 'n Carole saw last year. Also saw two hikers, first I'd ever seen. Guy in the red shirt stopped and talked for a minute, he had a ride waiting for him at the top. Just waved at the second guy as I rode by.

Anyone who has items to add to a package, send'em to me at:

George Catt
2174 Omaha Drive
Kingman, AZ 86401

BTW, stopped at Delgadillo's Snow Cap yesterday and added a Moonshine STicker to the collection.

Attachments

• IMG_2566 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_2566 (1024x768).jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2567 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_2567 (1024x768).jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2568 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_2568 (1024x768).jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2574 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_2574 (1024x768).jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2576 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_2576 (1024x768).jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2587 (768x1024).jpg
    IMG_2587 (768x1024).jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2586 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_2586 (1024x768).jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Folks, stopped at the Moki yesterday afternoon. Assume no one has actually replaced the old package yet as I found nothing there. I don't recall anyone mentioning it while at NatSTOC either. Given I promised to do something and I live much closer than most, guess It'll be the first trip on my DRZ. Wanna ride thru Garden of the Gods again, avoided yesterday due to major rain in the area for several days.

Saw one big truck, not as big as the ones Mac 'n Carole saw last year. Also saw two hikers, first I'd ever seen. Guy in the red shirt stopped and talked for a minute, he had a ride waiting for him at the top. Just waved at the second guy as I rode by.

Anyone who has items to add to a package, send'em to me at:

George Catt
2174 Omaha Drive
Kingman, AZ 86401

BTW, stopped at Delgadillo's Snow Cap yesterday and added a Moonshine STicker to the collection.

I put one there last year
https://www.st-owners.com/forums/sh...ial-canister&p=1520737&viewfull=1#post1520737

If it just keeps disappearing.. I don't see the point.. we can just show up in that spot and that's that... IMO, that's the best memorial anyway.

Thinking about Putt and Terry yesterday. I sure miss the daily contributions they made here.

It was all fine there in September 2012 when Uncle Larry and me stopped by and signed the new book that Joe put there after the first box was missing.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

box.jpg

box2.jpg

Mokie.jpg

Top Bottom