Rode a new 'winger.

CaST

My first risers
Bike
ST1300A
Actionfigurejoe said:
$21,500 fully loaded. That's without discounts. I think I'm in love. If only the ST was paid off.:)
www.lacyclesports.com will send you a out the door quote automatically. Many people fly from all over the US because of their prices. I saved 1500 on my ST by buying through them over local prices. What year and model did you ride? This year they have 4 packages.

OP
OP
Actionfigurejoe
Austin city limits said:
I rode a 2004,,, 2005,,, and a 2006 Wing... I owned a 1976 Wing back in 1976... But,,, I can say,,, I would rather own a ST,,, FJR,,, BMW RT,,, BMW GT before I would buy a wing... Great bike,,, just not me...
Terry, can I have both? Please..........oh please.........I promise to be good.:D

TPadden

Tom Padden
Actionfigurejoe said:
$21,500 fully loaded. That's without discounts. I think I'm in love. If only the ST was paid off.:)
Procycle Springfield Mo. has non-ABS $16400 OTD less tax and the ABS model $19300.

They have a NEW 05 non-ABS for $15,900.

I had a friend fly in from Naples Fla who said they had the best prices he could find when he bought his 04. They also had the best price I could find on my 06 ST1300A (ABS) - $12500 OTD.

nm6r

Blue is faster!!!
Fireball18 said:
And so it begins! Once you have ridden a GL1800, you WILL own one. This is fact. I know.
Not true.

I had 1999 GW. It was missing the fun factor and was too hot to ride in the summer. I was ready to just sell it and not ride. I then test rode an ST1100 and a GL1800 back to back. The ST1100 was the clear winner. We bought the ST1100 and have since upgraded to the ST1300.

No question the GoldWing is the best touring bike ever built. That's fine if you want to tour. The ST will tour well and make for lots of fun too. The best part is the ST won't cook you in the summer heat.

Ray

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
nm6r said:
Not true.

I had 1999 GW. It was missing the fun factor and was too hot to ride in the summer. I was ready to just sell it and not ride. I then test rode an ST1100 and a GL1800 back to back. The ST1100 was the clear winner. We bought the ST1100 and have since upgraded to the ST1300.

No question the GoldWing is the best touring bike ever built. That's fine if you want to tour. The ST will tour well and make for lots of fun too. The best part is the ST won't cook you in the summer heat.

Ray
I'm good in the heat w/mirror wings.

And, you're a mad man, just look at your avatar... that kind of self expression will get you kicked out of any respectable GWRRA Region 12 Chapter X meeting my son.... :eek:

Austin city limits

R.I.P. - 2010/11/19
Rest In Peace
East Central Illinois... 12 miles from Moonshine..
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS
Mellow said:
I'm good in the heat w/mirror wings.

And, you're a mad man, just look at your avatar... that kind of self expression will get you kicked out of any respectable GWRRA Region 12 Chapter X meeting my son.... :eek:
I agree with Mellow...

You would need to have matching Pajamas with your pillion pal and velcro stuffed animals to your bike first... :D

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Yeah, I have to agree, the Wing is a real Dog.. won't handle worth a darn...

Maybe someday I can afford to get a real bike like you guys... LOL :D

Austin city limits

R.I.P. - 2010/11/19
Rest In Peace
East Central Illinois... 12 miles from Moonshine..
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS
jackpine savage said:
I have the ST and a '78 Goldwing. I love to ride both bikes, but for different reasons.
David
The 1978 Goldwings were slower than the 1976 model... :D

Wish I still owned my 76... Sold it to a guy who rode it less than 2,000 miles,,, and parked it in his yard... It sat there for over 10 years and a friend told me I thought he was lying... So,,, I HAPPENED by this guys house,,, :rolleyes: which is 30 miles from here,,, down a dead end road,,, and,,, could NOT,,, believe my eyes... There sat my Goldwing,,, with a tree growing through it... :confused: :( :mad: :scared2:

But,,, it wasn't just the Goldwing setting there... There was a Moto Guzzi and a BMW setting out there too... :(

OP
OP
Actionfigurejoe
Fireball18 said:
And so it begins! Once you have ridden a GL1800, you WILL own one. This is fact. I know. BTW, you can do way better than that on the price. You just have to shop around a little. In fact, if you get on the GL1800 Riders Board www.gl1800riders.com you can inquire and you'll be inundated by recommendations on where to get the best price for a new Wing.
I buy my bikes from Rob's Performance in Johnson Creek, WI. Rob is always a little higher BUT he actually has real technicians working for him. He started the business when he was 19. He's now in his early 40's. Great guy with a business built around service. I'm sure he'd come down a couple thou. Plenty of price whores out there. I'm not meaning to imply that your dealer doesn't have good service. It's just been my experiance that the price whores have horrible service and seldom will go to bat for you when mother Honda tries to throw her weight around in a warranty dispute. Thanks for the website!

Actionfigurejoe said:
Terry, can I have both? Please..........oh please.........I promise to be good.:D
Go with both... and share with a friend. Sharing the experience doubles the fun! (and the miles.... and the maintenance schedule.... and the fuel costs.... and ........)

nm6r

Blue is faster!!!
Mellow said:
Self expression? :confused: That's not me in the avatar.

yellow wolf said:
yup a gold wing handles like a school bus...
...or at least looks like one. ;)

Ray

Bike
2013 Triumph 800xc
STOC #
can I tell ray

I know who the Avarter is.Can tell. huh:D huh:D huh:D Hey Ray U coming to my Meet & Greet.It's under California.I didn't know if I could list it in the General forum.But everyone is invited.So I kind put it here didn't I.:D

nm6r

Blue is faster!!!
Bob, I would like to but I can't make it on the 24th. That's NASCAR at Infineon Raceway!

Ray

nm6r

Blue is faster!!!
They are doggy ears. That's also not my helmet.

Ray

ST_Jim

In the Hotel California...
Bike
2004 ST1300ABS
STOC #
nm6r said:
They are doggy ears. That's also not my helmet.
And don't anyone make any comments about that rider being a real dog! I don't think Hope would approve. ;)

- Jim

Top Bottom