Sena 10C sound and connection problem

I bought a replacement headset for the Sena 10C after I started getting no noise out of a speaker. The replacement was good for about a week but then the connection issue came back so sent it back & got another replacement. It's still no good so it is the camera unit connection side that must be dodgy. If I wiggle the connection about and find the sweet spot I can get sound but usually only one ear. Finding that sweet spot is getting harder and harder to find now and I am lucky to get any sound. Usually once I take my hand off the connection the sound goes anyway. Also I have no sound yet when I view the videos I have mic sound (albeit with wind noise I never used to have). There are metal strips down the side of the connection and some on the inside so I'm guessing one are for mic and the other sound? Total guess, no idea. I have been searching everywhere and cannot find anyone with this problem. Sena can't/won't help and I've been to 5 or 6 computer repair shops but they say they can't fix it. Does the connection it goes into on the board need to be replaced? Thought a computer shop could do that. Any help much appreciated.

I read this this thread https://www.st-owners.com/forums/threads/sena-10s-intermittent-connection-with-right-speaker.170979/ which is what happens with mine but that is a different model and connection setup.

Attachments

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
You can give Chris Short of Short Tronics Inc., also known as PalmDr., a call or send him an email and see what he says about fixing it for you. You won't see this item listed on his website as one of the things that he provides a repair service for, but that does not mean that he can't fix it. Many of the things that he will repair are not listed because it would be to much of a task to do so.

While he doesn't list Sena as items that he repairs, he did repair a Sena 20S for me. He has the skills and capability to repair electronic items, and at the end of the day there is a lot similarity between all of these electronic items I would think.

Below is a link to another thread where you can get his contact information. If you do contact him, consider mentioning that you were referred to him by a member of ST-Owners just to keep him aware of this group and the people here. He has repaired items for many people on this site and recognizes us.

Good luck with it.

PalmDr.- Repair Your Garmin, Sena, etc..

Top Bottom