Shipping A Seat

Bike
07 ST
Anyone have any Idea how much it costs to ship a seat about 600 miles? It's a one piece seat like ST1100 but the guy claims it fits ST1300.
It's too good a deal to pass up if shipping doesn't kill me.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Stu - What gets you on shipping is the 'dimensional' weight where they take the length/width/height and jack up the price because it is over sized.
My best guess based on shipping other MC stuff would be somewhere south of $100 - USPS cheapest, FedEx & UPS more expensive.
The last seat I shipped was around $60 but the price has went up since then.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
I just had an 1100 seat shipped from LA to Vancouver Canada and the shipping cost was $79.00US.

Shipping was via USPS/Canada Post.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stu Padazole
Bike
07 ST
Thanks guys. You really gave me something to think about. $79.00 to ship (give or take, depending on the carrier) doesn't make the deal look so good now.
I'm starting to regret not getting a Spenser while he was doing them.

Hondafarian

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300 ABS
I was curious about this as I may have the same need so I looked it up on the UPS website. I plugged in my city as the "ship from" and Tucson, AZ as the "ship to" because I know it's roughly 600 miles from here. I have a box which conveniently fits a two piece seat and is approx. 24"x18"x12" and the weight I had to guess at 10 lbs but the cost stays the same up to 32 lbs, Shipping from a UPS store or facility to a residential address would only be $37.34. That doesn't include insurance beyond $100 or any other extras like delivery confirmation, etc.

Distance really affects the shipping charges with UPS. That same box shipped from the west to east coast via Ground would be $86.34 and take 4 or 5 days.
Cool little tool: https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request?loc=en_US

Just reread the original post and realized it's a one piece seat in question. That would take a box approx. 38"x18"12" which bumps the cost up to $55.26. But, you could probably just avoid the box and wrap the ***** out of the seat with multiple layers of fine bubble wrap and stick a label on it and save some bucks. I know I've had large pieces of automotive hardware shipped to me like that. :thumb:

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300
I shipped a two piece seat from Cleveland to south Texas in a U-Haul medium sized box - 18x18x24 - weighing 12 lbs. UPS was cheaper than the USPS (US Postal Service) by a few bucks but both were a Starbuck's drink away from a C note. This was a few months ago.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Anyone have any Idea how much it costs to ship a seat about 600 miles? It's a one piece seat like ST1100 but the guy claims it fits ST1300.
It's too good a deal to pass up if shipping doesn't kill me.
I think a point that may have been missed is that this seat is a one piece seat though it goes on a ST1300.
That would make the shipping costs similar to shipping a ST1100 seat where the longer dimensions come into play.
And that would make the costs close to Bush and my experiences. ;)

OP
OP
Stu Padazole
Bike
07 ST
Corbin Seat

Here is the seat I was looking at. It's on Facebook Marketplace. It's in Marshall MN.
Even with shipping it's probably a good deal, but I'll pass.
I posted a link in case anyone else is interested.

St1300 corbin .jpg

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
That sure looks like a ST1100 seat to me - I wonder if the 'seller' is confused as to which ST is which ... :think1:
It does not appear to have the plastic 'prongs' that the ST1100 ones do.
So I could be wrong as I have been wrong before! :doh1:

Mophead

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300
Corbin does make a one piece for the ST1300. And that seat is a good looking seat. From Corbin website. Seat pic doesn't want to paste into the description. Suggest you go to the website and take a look. You are going to have to pay shipping whether new or used. Your butt will thank you.

Looks like you are about 1900 miles from the Corbin factory. Ride out and have the seat built the way you want it. They do a great job. That way you don't have to pay shipping. Just a short hop on an ST! :thumb:

ST 1300 Close Saddle & Standard Saddle Comparison
Choosing the right saddle is very important in providing as much comfort as possible. As well as stature, it is important to consider riding style. Some riders like to have room to slide forward or backward in the saddle which allows them to ride more aggressively. This also allows you to lean forward more which gets you behind the fairing for better wind protection. However, other riders prefer to have the bucket up further to give more posterior support. In the end (no pun intended) the decision is yours... but to help alleviate some confusion, we had a variety of our riding staff try 'em out and give their opinions. Here's the final data.

Alex: 5' 8"
Inseam: 30"

Alex prefers the Close version because it offers better ground reach and is also closer to the bars. From the saddle, he can reach the ground on both sides on the balls of his feet (not flat footed).
Michael: 6' 1"
Inseam: 34"

Michael could use either of the seat models on the ST. He can stand flat footed with either model. The standard model is a good fit allowing room to slide backward as desired.
Jay: 5' 9"
Inseam: 30"

Jay felt the same way on the Close version as Alex. Reach to the bars is good and ground reach suitable. Good contact with both feet, but not flat footed.
Mike: 6' 4"
Inseam: 35"

Flat footed reach to the ground (of course). Good fit in the seat with room to move forward and backward without cramping in the legs. Standard model is a good choice.
Blair: 6' 0"
Inseam: 32"

Blair has good reach on both seats, but liked the posture of the Close version for a more relaxed reach to the bars and an easy posture. Ground reach is flat footed on both sides.
Rider: 6' 1"
Inseam: 33"

Rider tried out both seats and fit fairly well on both. He is right in the range where it is really a matter of personal preference. In this particular case, he found the Close version more comfortable.
Rider: 6' 1"
Inseam: 33"

Rider is also shown on the Standard model at right, but found the more forward seating of the Close to be more suitable to his riding. Either seat would work, but this model just felt a little better.
Greg: 6' 5"
Inseam: 36"

Just a couple inches shy of playing pro basketball, the choice was simple here! Standard model gives good leg room and handlebar reach. Ground reach is a non-issue of course.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Yes,,,take a look at the Corbin site for more info.
Thanks - I just learned something!
I'm a ST1100 feller myself and have just never cared for a Corbin seat (I've had one before).
I just didn't know (I've rented ST1300s before) anyone made a one piece seat for the ST1300.
Now I'm a bit more edjumucated! :biggrin:

OP
OP
Stu Padazole
Bike
07 ST
I looked on the Corbin site and yes they do make a one piece for ST1300, as has been noted here.
The owner of the seat told me that the seat height adjustment had to be in the lowest position. That puts my big feet awful close to the pegs.
I just got a lead on an upholstery shop in Liberty Mo. that will do jell pad mod for me. Going to give him a call tomorrow.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I looked on the Corbin site and yes they do make a one piece for ST1300, as has been noted here.
The owner of the seat told me that the seat height adjustment had to be in the lowest position. That puts my big feet awful close to the pegs.
I just got a lead on an upholstery shop in Liberty Mo. that will do jell pad mod for me. Going to give him a call tomorrow.
Just beware (I have a Saddleman gel seat) that some gel pads can get super hot if left out in the sun.
So you might want to carry a white towel with you in the summer or you might get the 'bun burner special' after a lunch break. :biggrin:

Top Bottom