Show us your Dual Sport!

Well, here's my new-to-me dual sport.

I traded my XRL to dond for his NX250 and some $ so I could go to Montana and help with the search.

The little NX did a nice job of plonking along the edge of the road so I could look over drop-offs. It's also nice to be able to reach the ground (although I still miss the big pig!).

:D

ravensnx.jpg

That's a fantastic ride ! Good for you.

Well Santa came by last week and left me the usual a lump of coal.:confused:

I asked him to please recheck his list:please1: ?.I know that I wasn?t that bad.:noway

He changed is mind and dropped this off late yesterday;:eek:

attachment.php

PS; Sorry Dan.... I couldn't pass up the deal

We just got back from a dual sport adventure in AZ........gotta love the KLR.

Get the nap bars.:D

Here's a fresh shot of my Yamaha XT-350. I've owned this bike for about 6 years and have added nearly 6000 miles. Most of that was on pavement but this week was good dirt.

DSCF6679.jpg

Had a great time Sunday thru Wednesday down near Yuma with Todd, John, and Dan. (Dan's new WR250 is a great dual sport!)

I'm happy with my 350, think I'll keep her. A couple minor oil leaks need fixed, other than that she's doing fine.

Here's my '03 BMW F650. The picture was taken on a logging road in the southern Olympic Peninsula of WA State while doing the GripTwister tour. I find it a good bike for my needs in Dual Sport riding.

652086239_vNC9e-M.jpg

The full ride report is found at www.tbgt2009.blogspot.com

I should add that I've extensively farkled the bike with a 15/49 chain combo, dual GPS', road chart, RaceTech front suspension, Happy Trails panniers and racks, AGM Battery, LED tail light, cloth saddlebags when I don't want the panniers, volt meter, headlight modulator, 15w HID's, TKC 80's. It's a factory lowered model so I give up on ground clearance. But it meets my needs in my D/S riding motto: "Ride to the event, ride the event as hard as you can knowing you have to ride home." It's a motto that's served me well.

Timmer

I want to try some trail riding again after 40 years and picked this cherry DR200 up for $1100. It's little but we'll see.

Attachments

• 0318001759.jpg
    0318001759.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 200
Well, I am just too stupid tonight to make Picasa pictures work, see my picasa albums in the signature line.

My newest stable mate. Joins the ST and a Bandit at the home.

If it looks familiar to some, it might be. I bought it from BluebyU...

I gave it a pretty good test today, and glad I had the new skid plate on!

My 2000 KLR (green one). Only one sticker on it so far, which says, "If loud pipes save lives, imagine what proper gear and training will do?"

855347974_Lxvbd-M.jpg

New to me, well actually I got it a couple months ago, but I haven't gotten to take it out yet, not sure it's what I really wanted, but a Cali plated electric start XR650R is a rare thing in these parts, if I dont like it, I'm sure I can sell it off pretty easily, then go get a CRF450X or ??

Any one have a XR650R? whats your opinion on it?

On a side note, I went and looked at a CRF450X today for a friend, nice clean 05 for $2500, sweet, I told my friend if you dont buy it, I will.

Hope to have some pics on my XR in action soon.
IMGP2416.jpg

IMGP2420.jpg

Man what a nice day to be out in the dandy lion patch......

f800gs.jpg

NICE Tor!!! That picture's purdy enough for the ST calendar,,,,, if it was an ST!:D
So after you rode it around in the flowers, did you take it to a mud hole??? That's where the real fun is!!!:D

Back
Top Bottom