Article [13] ST1300 - Reinstalling Rear Wheel

Had a confusing discussion with AI regarding flange bearings , should there be a dust seal in the flange between the flange bearings/distance tube and the axle wheel bearings, there wasn’t one there upon removing that huge snap ring, popping off the flange, looking at the rubber dampners , and inside the flange, no separate seal anywhere, bearings are sealed correct?
 
This is awesome for us noobies! I have everything going back together and ground to a halt when reinstalling rear caliper I cant seem to get brakes open enough to slide over disc. Is there a trick to getting it back on? Any suggestions welcome. I did try to use a screwdrive, one end would open for the other to close.
I think many of us have been using flange bearings , wheel bearings sealed only on one side, we need to get it out to all riders to use bearings sealed only both sides — 6905-2RS double-sealed bearings, for the rear, 6205-2RS for the front I THINK THAT IS CORRECT double check, both sides sealed will extend the life of our bearings, hopefully allow at tire change to detect failure while not out on the road or have some possible damage to axle, rear wheel, shaft drive or pumpkin squashing while out on the road
 
Back
Top Bottom