"Taint" comfortable... LD Undergarments

Bike
2014 FJR 1300 ES
Mick, I sold my Miata because I had a heck of a time getting out of it, and when I did I couldn't straighten up. Motorcycles and LD Comforts?? No problems.....go figure. We're all just different.

Bike
07 ST1300
I had a honda S2000 in place of a motorcycle and that car worked just fine! When I lost it in my divorce I got a bike again. That works fine too!
The new Miata's catch my eye a lot!

OP
OP
Mick
Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #
Mick, I sold my Miata because I had a heck of a time getting out of it, and when I did I couldn't straighten up. Motorcycles and LD Comforts?? No problems.....go figure. We're all just different.
So far I'm able to get out ok. Getting in is actually a little harder for me than getting out but so far both can be accomplished just just fine. I'm sure there will come a time when entering & exiting will become a problem but until then, I plan on enjoying the little bugger as best I can.

No problem getting on or off a motorcycle. The problem is STAYING on the bike. The LD Comforts turned out not to be the problem.

larryg

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
I use Pearlzumi bib bike shorts for a base layer. They have synthetic chamois that don't require chamois butter.
I've done several 800 mile days with no discomfort.
Looked these up - the prices are a joke. Unbelievable!

Bike
98 & 99 ST1100
STOC #
I have moved on from LDComfort to MotoSkiveez. Because of vascular problems that can make LD riding downright dangerous for me, on long rides or multiple days on the road I am now using their Adventure tights and compression socks. I've used compression socks for years, but these are a better thickness for use with M/C boots. The tights have the same tech as their shorts.

Moto-Skiveez

I love helping to wake up dead threads.

I'm also saving up for a Miata. A blue 2019 please !!!

There are many uses for compression clothing. Riding, weight lifting, any sport. They are all pretty much the same in materials. They are not in cost. Some get to heavy in material IMHO and the heat factor gets bad, requiring better wicking than they can provide. So I kinda lean to the lighter side and split the difference so to speak.
I am thinking a set of motoskiveez may be in my future. I havent tried them yet........... ride safe safe travels

Steve398

... another retired Black Rat.
Bike
2018 BMW R1200RT LC
I had a Miata (or MX5 here in the UK) for about two and a half years while my damaged shoulder recovered, I loved it but my wife was terrified while touring in Italy. She said that she didn't feel safe with the lorry wheel nuts whistling around level with her ears on the motorways, and also had some sort of problem being the first one out there if I chose to overtake anything... car is Right Hand Drive, so was Italy.

Just to get back to the thread I also use LD, they do what they're supposed to...

Whatever, shoulder fixed, Mazda sold, bike holidays resume... :bk11:

Last edited:
Bike
2005 st-1300
I wore LD shorts on both my long tours from LA to Canada, longest days were 500-600 on Russell Day Long seat. I like them. Had one pair and handwashed them every night, they were always dry by morning. Though as a bicyclist also I like the suggestion to use my bike shorts with the chamois pad next time, I should've thought of that. Always hard to think outside the box, I get suckered into thinking I need dedicated clothing for each sport (aside from armor, how different is a one piece motorcycle suit from a one piece shell ski suit?... the armor probably wouldn't be so amiss on the slopes in case of a fall). I also like the socks LD sells, used them in alpinestars WEB goretex boots.

Top Bottom