Tire Choice

Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Messages
8
Age
74
Location
Iowa City, IA
Bike
2010 Honda ST1300
Replacing both tires on my 2010 ST1300. Have it narrowed down to Michelin Road 6 GT or the Dunlap Sportsmax Roadsmart 5. Cost not an option. Any opinions on which is best for long distance touring?
 
I've recently installed the T33s and I do like them. I don't ride in the rain hardly ever, though. I do ride pretty hard/fast and for that they do wonderfully.
 
Nah, no one here ever has an opinion about anything. 🤔
No one has mentioned the Vredestein Hypertrac yet, huh @970mike ...?
That's only because a wealth of information in the discussion about the Vredestein dissolved in the big flood. Gone until we replace it.

@MidnytRider, go to Forums > ST Forums > Technical > Tires >Dark Side. Read about car tires on these bikes.
 
I had the Michelin Road 6 and the Dunlop Roadsmart IV.
Now i have the Bridgestone t33.
The Bridgestone tyre are the best.
 
I've run the Bridgestone T30, T31, and T32. I've liked them all and really haven't been able to tell a difference between them. I've never gotten more than 5500 miles out of a rear tire. That's my only complaint.
 
I had the Michelin Road 6 and the Dunlop Roadsmart IV.
Now i have the Bridgestone t33.
The Bridgestone tyre are the best.
Agreed.
I've run the Bridgestone T30, T31, and T32. I've liked them all and really haven't been able to tell a difference between them. I've never gotten more than 5500 miles out of a rear tire. That's my only complaint.
Your right wrist might have something to do with that. :D

My recommendation is kind of backwards in logic. I've had both the Road 6 and the Dunlop RS's. The Road 6 was a nice cushy tire. The RS's (3 & 4) were harsher for ride. But then what I'm riding them on is 200 lbs lighter and what was harsh on my 470 lb XR might be perfect on your ST. I'd go with the Dunlop for your heavier bike.

Chris
 
Back
Top Bottom