Total Miles of STs on Dark Side

If you look at the tire was just to the wear bars. I was very hard on that tire trying to wear it out or break it! I have seen Ken's (zooker13) Hankook tire with over 25,000 miles on it and it had more rubber left then mine. I was amazed at how thick this tire still was when I removed it from the ST. Compared to a MT you could have got more miles out of it. After my experiance with MT showing cords with that amount of rubber on it when I left for a RTE up north I get just a little nervous so that is why I changed it out.

Not second guessing you. I was just wishing for times three than my average rear MC tire. It's just a whole different ball game with how these tires wear. I didn't throw away many rear MC tires that were "only" to the wear bars. Usually they were through them into the cord before I trashed them.

Not second guessing you. I was just wishing for times three than my average rear MC tire. It's just a whole different ball game with how these tires wear. I didn't throw away many rear MC tires that were "only" to the wear bars. Usually they were through them into the cord before I trashed them.

That was over three times the wear of my last two MC tires as I was only getting about 5000 miles out of them.

I just updated the original post with the latest numbers I have. If any of the numbers need to be updated, please let me know.

My Hankook at 19,000 miles

...just a little thread drift. I sold my ST1300 after 87K miles and procrastinated about a CT for about 2-3 years and many many tires. I bought a DL1000 and put on a CT and have run about 800 miles.
I agree that the tire looks like you still have 2/32 left and could probably get a few more miles out of it. But if it already saved you the price of two rear tires I might pull it off too. I especially like the wear pattern that shows you spend as much time on the left and the right side of the tire and the center...all look even.. That may mean you are running the right air pressure..not too little, not too much. I have a 205/50/17 Achilles All Season tire and it feels great. I run 34 in mine. Thanks for the great picture.

If I can get 25,000-27,ooo miles...that is about the life of three rear tires on a DL1000 Vstrom. I could have used 4 CT for 87K miles and not 8 tires...that adds up really quick.

30 psi for me.

Raymond

noted :)

Just so everyone knows - anyone with the link should be able to add or change data, so feel to add yourselves or update information as you see fit. I put the sheet together so I could easily see what was working for folks without having to dig through a bunch of posts.

Folks, just pulled the Austone Taxi Tar yesterday with 22,622. It still has some life left but not 5000, and I'm headed out today for the midwest. New BT-020 on an OEM 17" wheel currently installed.

So, I figure the Austone could go 25,000. Not what I wanted but just about enuff for the money. Next up is a Forenza 175/60/16. I'll give up a little ground clearance but hope for more miles. That'll happen this summer.

Jason, I see yur spread sheet has only 1300s liSTed. What about us 1100 owners? (Never mind, just added myself. Thanks.)

I'm updating the Taxi Tar mileage, total was/is just over 23,752, right on the wear bars. Prolly has 1 to 2 thou left but it's dismounted now. Formoza 175/60/16 is installed now. Much cheaper at ~$110 delivered compared to $175 for the Austone. Anticipating about the same miles for about 40% less per mile. Feels good rolling but higher revs per MPH and less ground clearance.

Updates when I get to Moonshine. :D

Jason, I see yur spread sheet has only 1300s liSTed. What about us 1100 owners? (Never mind, just added myself. Thanks.)

heheh, there's already a sheet just for ST11s.
I moved your data over to it. Look down by the bottom of the workbook, there's two tabs there - one for each model.

Attachments

• tabs.png
    tabs.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 19
I'll update the mileages when I get home from Moonshine. Thanks for the new numbers.

Well all ... Had some tire issues @ moonshine so after much thought and little choices in about the same amount of time .... You can add me to the list. I feel I found and awesome tire also. I have (after the long way home) had too, best weather of the whole weekend, lol ! I have just shy of 300 on it and I love it so far. I was running 44psi, two up (my 13 yr son, about 145) and seemed just fine. I will probably go 42 solo. after several stops and checks (psi and a good look over) it all looked great, and felt fantastic. Cornering was a breeze once I got over the learning (feel) curve. about 100 miles.

Ok .... here is what I ended up putting on.

Firestone Frehawk wide oval Indy 500 205/50/17 XL

Not sure why "wide" if its wider than the Hankook ... its not by much, I mean it fits and clears so how "wide" could it be. also not sure of the XL .... You can find it for a decent price too !

Link to homepage and specs. Looks pretty Bad ***, if I might say so myself. Will keep updating this thread. Pictures coming !

Tom

Back
Top Bottom