Tragic loss of ST rider-Bill Galarneau

Re: Tragic loss of ST rider

I wanted you all to know what your group meant to Bill. I've known Bill for 20 years through work. A few years ago when he bought the ST he really enjoyed it. Mary and bill joined my group ride to Cabo San Lucas last year. He would tell me that some day they wanted a GL1800, and I'd tell him he already had the bike he needed.
There was hardly a time that he didn't pull me aside and show me what he had done to his ST. He was particularly proud of his affiliation here, and would tell me stories of Tech days, and bar-b-ques, rides, games, etc.
Your group and the camaraderie meant a lot to him. he was always looking foreward to the next Tech day. His stories wanted to make me join!!
He will be sorely missed as a good riding companion and a great man. He loved riding. And he loved this group.

So very sorry to hear of this. I was looking forward to meeting him at CreSTOC since I got rained out at GruuvySTOC.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family & many friends.

It is always hard to lose someone who adds so much to the lives of others. Our condolences to Mary and Bill's family.

John & Maggie

Thank you to all for your prayers and support during this tragic time. My dad loved to ride so I know he was happy. You were all great friends to him and I thank you for that. I know he is in heaven smiling down at us all and we will be together again someday, god bless you all. Billy Galarneau ( Bill's son)
Billy, you are always welcome here... You are 'family'... just as your Dad is... If there is anything we can do, please do not hesitate to ask.... :pray1:
:cool:

Oh, geez. So horribly sad. :(

Wherever you're riding now, Bill, I hope the roads are twisty, weather is perfect, and there's always a pie shack around every bend. Keep the engine warm - hopefully we'll join you for a group ride in time. :yes:

My condolences to his family and friends. He was one of the nicest guys I never met.

this is so sobering and sad

I never met Bill, but after reading all the posts and feeling all the love for him here, I am so saddened by his passing on, I'm sure he'll be riding with the Lord in Heaven.......

My prayers go out to Mary and Billy and all Bill's friends.

I met Bill at GruuvySTOC .. this news is so sad.

Condolences to his family.

Bill is riding free.....prayers, condolences, and love to Mary, Billy, and all who were blessed by knowing him. Know that CreSToc will be dedicated to Bill...and we will feel his presence there.

I always ride with my pegs down....there are many who I am honored to have ride with me.
Rubber down everyone...ride safe!
womantriker, Carole

I have been looking at this thread for some time now in shock and not knowing what to write. I had the honor and privilege of getting to ride with Bill and help him tinker with his ST on several occasions. I enjoyed every minute of my time with him and will now treasure those memories. He will definitely be missed. My prayers to his family and all those affected by his passing. Ride on, Bill. I'll see you later. Until then, here's to more miles and smiles.

Attachments

• 12.1 Haisten 006sm.jpg
    12.1 Haisten 006sm.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 12.1 Haisten 007sm.jpg
    12.1 Haisten 007sm.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 108
  • gruuvystoc 2009 Bill.jpg
    gruuvystoc 2009 Bill.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

We ride knowing the risks because the joy out weights those risks for us. We live for the good feelings and remember them fondly long after the rides are over. Unfortunately we now only have our memories of our times spent with Bill, be they long or short. I know these memories will last through our life time because of the impression he left on us.

May your tank never run dry or your tires ever wear out as you scout the roads before us.

Back
Top Bottom