Tuesday Coffee/ Weather

peterz

Site Supporter
Bike
07 ST1300
STOC #
Good morning all, Dunkin's best is in the pot grab a cup. 42/75 are the numbers for today with plenty of sunshine here in central NY. A Greek breakfast is on the counter this morning. Fresh Hummus with garlic, pita bread, feta cheese and fresh Kalamata olives from our village in Greece. Please help yourselves and enjoy. Have a great day all and be safe out there. Later!

PeterrZ

Wow, nice start, thx Peterz!

13˚c/54f, overcast, calm, quite nice.

I’m taking down a dry wall in the garage today, some moisture/mould damage.
Have to relocate a lot of tools and stuff.
God knows were to put it all.
Hope he tells me.

Have a good one!
Stu

Springish today
IMG_3220.jpeg

Good Morning Fellow Caffitators!
Happy Tuzday and Thanks to @peterz for an amazing brekkie.
I think I'll dive right in and than come back for more...
BTW, I finally translated your signature PeterrZ - nice.

This morning I awoke to rain and general drippiness.
The hyperbole channel says it'll be gone soon - ho hum.
I suppose it will be a day of (how does Ray put it?) - Some'at?
No telling what "'at" will be.

@sah48 how's retirement going so far?

C'mon weather you've had yer fun, move along now...

Y'all have a wonnafill day!

1715072690855.png

@peterz You spoil us sir. I'll sit and enjoy it with you. Could we have some Greek May weather too please? We have often visited Greece in May, Samos, Thassos and Stoupa come to mind. Lovely country and lovely folk. You can't walk past a local in their garden without coming away with some'at. Sweet memories. I think we'll go back, but not this May as we're off to Braemar in a couple of weeks. Pffffffftttttt.
Should've gone to Greece.
Anyway, I digress, that's unlike me. The weather, better they said, pffffffftttttt I say. Presently 51 and cloud. Tossers.
We're just back from a dental clean/torture at Alnwick upon the Aln, not too bad really, I probably only lost a quart of blood.
As for the rest of the day, I've got a venison ragu to make and then it'll be some'at else or nowt.
Av a gud un and remember, Greek's lovely in May.
Upt.
Pffffffftttttt.

Mornin’ y’all. Thanks, Peter.

And Tuesday’s just as bad.” More rain expected, with high of 84.

I‘m going to attempt finishing my “Do absolutely nothing” Monday schedule, then I may look at some oil changes. Or not.

John

Good morning everyone

Thanks for the DD and Greek goodies Peter.

It's 66°F in Rockville and a light rain is just commencing, making me glad yet again that I've a roof over my head and nothing that requires me to be outdoors. It's supposed to stop raiining in a few hours warm up to around 77- quite comfortable but it'll be huuuuuuuumid. After the rain stops I'll head to the grocery store and, before that, the car wash. I just washed it a few days ago but you couldn't tell by looking at it: it's covered in pollen, oak strings, and general springtime vegetative crud. It's time to start parking at the curb rather than under the bushes, for a while.

Stay safe and well everyone and tell your dear ones you love them.

Morning all and thanks for the coffee and breakfast Peter. A nice change from the normal English fare.

7C and a mix of fog and sun for the ride to work this morning. We should see 17C for the ride home. Might almost be time to take the liner out of the jacket. *fingers crossed*

Not sure what the day will hold but it's likely full of seconds. If my math is correct that's 86400 seconds, which doesn't sound like too many does it? We'd all better make the most of the ones we have while awake, hamsters on not.

Come to think of it, perhaps that's where hamsters really live - in the mind. I've seen them in pet stores and cages (we had one long ago) but never seen any in the wild, anywhere, in the entire world. Genetically engineered mind control vermin combined with DNA and grown in petri dishes in secret government labs. Sounds far fetched? That's what they want it to sound like.

Hope everyone has a great day and avoids government cover-ups.

Oh, and the random sentence of the day (I've been slack lately...) : The book is in front of the table.

Obo.

Good morning, and thanks for the coffee start, Peter.
And goodies! Yum!

It's 54 and sunny in MA this morning, rising to 76, later.
It'll cloud up tonight, and we'll expect rain showers, tomorrow.

Yesterday's Rheumatologist visit went okay-ish.
He was happy with my uric accid levels, and translated the VA report on the knees... something about bone on bone.
No new knees, yet, though. He suggested PT on them, which is a happy coincidence, as I've got a PT appointment with the VA next week.

Stopped by my friend's restaurant and cleared up the weeds and vines in the compound that houses his propane tank. I'll be back today to try to reconfigure a cabinet in his bar area.

I was going to mow my lawn, as it's gone to seed, but when I tried to start the garden tractor, it wouldn't. The official Craftsman mower deck belt is STILL too short, and the starter is trying to turn the mower blades as well as the motor. I GIVE UP! I called the local lawnmower company to have THEM find and install the proper belt.
Then I went out to mow using the hand mower. IT starts on the first pull. I got everything mowed, except for the yard behind the house. That's in the plan for today, once I'm back from the restaurant, gym, and the lawn dries out a bit.

Enjoy the day, and don't turn down any free STs,
Steve

Καλημέρα (that's "good morning" to the rest of you), and thank you for the coffee and wonderful breakfast, Peter! I miss Greece - must get back there.

We had an absolutely gorgeous, downright summery day yesterday, and we have another today, only slightly cooler. We'll have glorious sunshine all day, with temps ranging from the current 14°C/57°F to 20°C/68°F. We'd best enjoy it while we can, as a rainy, cold spell will prevail for the rest of the week. Alas, such is the unpredictability of early spring in this part of the world.

Right, 8:30's going to roll around pretty quick, so I'd better get a move on. Everyone have a great day, stay safe and go safely.

Patty

Good morning all!
Thanks for the start & the breakfast smorgasbord Peter!
I’m waiting on a dump trailers arrival to load scrap metal. There should be a full load for the tandem trailer.
I have three walls striped of treasures in half the garage. I’ll haul old wood away next. There is a glint of hope in sight now!

It’s a decent day here, 48F with a high of 71.
Enjoy your Tuesday!
WB

Good morning all!
Thanks for the start & the breakfast smorgasbord Peter!
I’m waiting on a dump trailers arrival to load scrap metal. There should be a full load for the tandem trailer.
I have three walls striped of treasures in half the garage. I’ll haul old wood away next. There is a glint of hope in sight now!

It’s a decent day here, 48F with a high of 71.
Enjoy your Tuesday!
WB
There's got to be life lessons and morals in there somewhere?
We seem to spend all of our lives acquisitioning stuff, only to then throw it all away.
Makes ya think......or does it?
Just off to check for bargains.

There's got to be life lessons and morals in there somewhere?
We seem to spend all of our lives acquisitioning stuff, only to then throw it all away.
Makes ya think......or does it?
Just off to check for bargains.

It would be a better lesson if I had done the collecting!!!
Cleaning up after a hoarder isn’t a lot of ha ha’s!
WB

good morning all. thanks for the coffee Peter. 53F on the dog walk with some stars and clouds out to see. not much on the to do list today might make a Lowes trip and might not. will just have to wing it for the day.. the high should see 89F. enjoy the day

stay safe

Thanks for the wake up, Peter, I need the help as I rolled into the driveway at 4am, and the 6am alarm didn't stand a chance.

Think I'll stick with the Black Rifle Coffee, but I like pita and hummus and gloves, so I may just bend my liquid breakfast routine.

Roz still has pyoomonya, so I bought 1.75 liters of Crown Royal yesterday and gave her some with lemon and honey. The doc-in-a-box this weekend told her she has COPD, but they must have been high. You can't diagnose COPD from x-rays, so we'll try to get a referral to a pulmonologist. She's been coughing her head off for almost a month, and 4 prescriptions, an antibiotic shot, and Z-pacs haven't changed a thing.

I closed 4 tickets last nite, 2 upt' north in Huntsville, and 2 more down south in Alabaster. I'm still tired.

Never saw the predicted showers yesterday, but today is a greater chance, and tomorrow is predicted the year's high temp of 88, but I know that's wrong because I rode to Huntsville and saw 92 on the road. Ray called it right, they're just tossers.

I need to toss my laptop in the car, Kaiser can get himself in the car. Which is good for me, the boy is heavy at nearly 90lbs.

Did I tell y'all I like olives?

Morning all......

Mmmmmm. International breakfast snackies.........and Dunkin......

Sunny and bright here today. And going to be getting into the 80s by Friday. Yahoo.

Got the last fence posts in yesterday. Top rails and maybe some fabric today. I need my assistant since the fence is on a steep slope and tough to do alone, and she is working today. Oh well, why do something today you can put off till tomorrow........

No mind hamsters here, slept like a log last night.
Hope everyone has a terrific Satuesday,
T

Back
Top Bottom