Tuesday February 20th Café.

Bike
VStrom 650
Well, we hopefully survived Monday and have moved onto Saturday. The French Roast is ready, help ya'selves.
It's windy, and cloudy, and cooler, and pffffffftttttt.
It was a strange February morning yesterday, just as the procrastination ended the neighbour rang, what did I know about washing machines? Not much but I'm on my way. These washers don't get any lighter!
Then for the first time in memory I washed Er'Indoors car in a T shirt in February and cut the front grass, that would normally occur in April. Do you think global warming might be a "thing"? Meh. Pffffffftttttt. Put The B on charge too.
Today, well, it'll be some'at before Er'Indoors returns from Jumpy Up and Down, then more coffee.
Some pictures from the weekends ambling will be attached, plus the daffs are out in the garden. They're at least a month early.
Av a gud un and remember, some'ats happening. And in case you're asking yourself, nothing else, just a T Shirt :scared2:.
Upt.

DSC01765.jpg DSC01768.jpg DSC01767.jpg DSC01764.jpg

Last edited:
Thx Ray(on)!
My neighbour said to me last summer;» Greece is burning, my house is flooded, and my missus still wants to fly six hours to Gran Canary, this cannot end well».

I know things, and I fix stuff.
I’ll keep at that for now, me think.

7˚c/45f, calm and rain.

A walk to get some groceries. Cooking. Choir performance.
Have a good one!
Stu

From the summer archives………….Drevdalen, as quiet as it looks….
IMG_1915.jpeg

Good morning everyone

Insomnia may be rampant out west but here in Rockville it's quite the opposite. I'm dragging and still sleepy, may try going back to bed if the coffee doesn't do its thing. And for the coffee, thanks Ray.

It's 26°F and clear in Rockville, with sunny skies and a high of 47 expected.

I'll keep plugging away at Mrs. Fun's sewing center project today, in between naps, breaks, and other disruptive inactivity.

Stay safe and well everyone and tell your dear ones you love them.

(Pour a mug, sluuurp, ouch, that's hot!)
Thanks for the coffee, appreciate it.

9F here this morning under cloudless skies, maybe making it all the way to 30.

Nah, if I went outside in a t-shirt to wash my truck several things would likely happen: My whatever would freeze and fall off, The truck's bodywork would be damaged because if I could get water out of the hose it would be ice cubes by the time it hit, and... the neighbors driving by would make sure I had a visit from the gents that carry the nice tight canvas coat with buckles.

Nothing exciting today except my eldest is working nearby so we have plans to meet for lunch. Otherwise just pounding away at the keyboard trying to meet deadlines!

Be safe, be careful and stay out of the hot sun !

Scott

Good morning, and thanks for the coffee, Ray.

it's clear and 13 in MA this morning, rising to 37 and sunny skies, later.

I did visit the gym, yesterday, but never got out for that walk. Too cold and windy.

I'll try for the gym, again, and maybe a walk.
I'll also scope out other contractors for the kitchen/bath project. Only 1 of the 3 that I had in got back with a quote.

Enjoy the day,
Steve

Morning all and thanks for the coffee Ray.

-14 here this morning, headed to -8, but the windchill will make it feel like it's still -14. Net zero they call that.

Kind of like some of our sleepers here, no?

Back at work today, but at least for pay - so there's that.

As for jumpy up and down, only done here to try and get warm and circulate the red slushy stuff in the arteries.

"Cold hands, warm heart" as my grandmother always said.

Hope everyone has an excellent Tuesday.

Good Morning Caffeine Jockeys!
Thanks Mr. pffffffftttttt for a lovely pot o' Joe.
All quiet on the Atlantic this morning.
After a nice seafood dinner last evening we all talked for awhile and went to bed.
Eating out is just so tiring!

Today we're off for parts deeper South and hopefully warmer still - hmmm, chasing the sunshine.
Lots to see and do and the womenfolk are happily shopping whilst the menfolk push the carts. (It's what we do)

@St-Gerard I'm curious as to what happened with that aircraft. A little too much brake? Wind? Flat tire?
Hopefully the TSB won't take 2 years to report on it!

I think I'll get another mug - there IS another mug isn't there?

Y'all have a wonderfillll day!

1708431331072.png

Mornin’ y’all. Thanks for the delicious brew, Ray.

It’s 36, headed toward 61 for the high. Partly cloudy,I suppose…too dark to tell, although I did notice that it’s getting light, earlier. More garage work today and take Teddy to the vet, go by the bank, and who knows what else will pop up. Busy day, with no procrastination in sight.

John

Thanks for the coffee, Ray, and I appreciate that you're not trying to mess me up with my weekly calendar. It is Tuesday, and that calls for Tuesday coffee.
John's Nashville forecast is much like our pen, just add 2 or 3 degrees. I can deal with it, and I'm more than ready for our upcoming global warming in our hemisphere. We'll get there, in due time, but not really quite soon enough for this thin- blooded feller.
I'm about ready to shave this beard, if I can remember how to use a razor. But for now, it's doing its job.
At the moment, all my synapses are not aligning and firing in order, but after the upside-down plane thread of yesterday, I'm reminded of my late friend George Carlin, who said

When two planes almost collide, they call it a “near miss.” It's a near hit! A collision is a near miss! BOOM. “Look, they nearly missed.” Yes, but not quite!
George Carlin, "Jammin' in New York," 1992

Good morning all, and thanks for the coffee, Ray. Now, go put some pants on. Some things, you just can't unsee.

It's not quite as brrrr as it was yesterday, but it's brrrr nonetheless and still far from t-shirt weather. Right now: -11°C/12°F with a feels-like of -15/°C/5°F; later: -6°C/21°F with a windchill of -9°C/16°F. Mix of sun and clouds this morning, mainly sunny (they say) this aft.

I'm off to get my stitches out in a couple of hours - hopefully the healing process is progressing nicely. It's all rather academic, though, as he'll have to go back in again in a couple of weeks to take out all the bone-growth paraphernalia he put in. It's OK. If it's healing well now, it means that whatever he did is working.
Before making my way home, I'll go select the frame and get fitted for my new glasses - that needs to get done as well.

Everyone have a great day, stay safe and go safely.

Patty

good morning all. thanks for the FR Ray. 44F on the dog walk with a clear sky and stars out. the moon only stayed out 20 minutes or so before it disappeared. we did meet the neighbors dog that somehow got out. it came at us barking and showing us his teeth. well my fight anything dog that was on a leash just barked a little and turned away. my dog had about 30lbs on this little dog, it followed us a few more feet barking when its owner came out and called him back. the rest of the walk went well.
yesterday went to the gym and came home to spray weeds that have started to come up with the last rains and now sunny warm afternoons. will have to see what's on the to do list for today. the high should see 78F. enjoy the day

stay safe

Early morning all......
Thanks for the warm up Ray.
Where's @Williamson ??????

Insomnia you say.... Been up since 4am, not my normal.

Warmer and wet, no snow just rain. Kinda reminds me of the soggy days living in the Seattle area....... Ick.

Better go shower and shave, got no plans today.......... :shrug2: :rofl1:
Have a super Satuesday.
T

Good morning all!
Thanks for the start Ray!
You deserve a huge hug for your continued efforts!

49 - 71F here today, we will have a NW breeze to keep the wee bugs at bay!

The pontoon boat was on yesterday’s agenda, we removed the cover & applied cleaner to the seats.
I’m still on the fence to see whether it goes or stays next year!
I’m off to shop…..
Enjoy your Tuesday!
WB

Good morning "my people," and thanks for the coffee Ray. We all know how you like hugs
Cold and not quite as cold today, here in eastern Or, a few peeks of sun but mostly cloudy.
Spent the day south of here, in Boise, but evidently not far south enough. Just as chilly there as here. Had to go to the big city medical ctr to get an MRI for my elevated PSA scores. Guess I've arrived at that age where I have an abundance of hobbies that bring enjoyment, while doing my best to keep pace.
Hoping to go for a short ride this week to get the blood flowing.
Have a productive day...
Tim

Late morning Ray & All from an overcast day in Southern Utah!

Currently it is 46F, heading for 51F with threats of rain. The winds have been blowing all night and haven't given up yet! Right now it's coming from the ESE @ 13 to 18mph.

After my LATE night/morning, I crawled out of bed, but still plenty tired. :box1:

No idea what's on the agenda, Chris is busy on fixing a quilt, so it will be up to me self to come up with things to do! ;)

Boild eggs, bacon, toast and OJ for the morning. Pepsi to come later!

Anyone :bk13:, have a great day on the roads! :hat3:

Good Morning ,Weather raining and 40f ,Cold . Hey Nick , Tsb will probably not investagate as it was a ground manuvering bobo. I suspect taxiing to fast, raised tail perhaps (less bumpy) cut power and applied to much brake at the same time. You really have to make a good mistake to flip that thing over. Oh yeah no wind .

Good Morning ,Weather raining and 40f ,Cold . Hey Nick , Tsb will probably not investagate as it was a ground manuvering bobo. I suspect taxiing to fast, raised tail perhaps (less bumpy) cut power and applied to much brake at the same time. You really have to make a good mistake to flip that thing over. Oh yeah no wind .
Texting????? :rofl1:

Back
Top Bottom