Two broken bones in right hand

indypup

Accidents HURT! Safety doesn't
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
Well I won't be riding for at least 6 weeks... :(

I was riding my KLR650 on a wet grassy snowmobile trail last Saturday and crashed after hitting a rut. Not sure what my right hand hit except for the ground. :(

I picked the bike up and rode it home and then went to hospital...

Pretty much sucks though. I broke Metacarpal bones 4 and 5. I had surgery and now have a cast...

Ouch! Well at least it occurred toward the end of the riding season. Hope everything heals up well.

John

Major bummer, Roger!!! Dare I say that given the adventures you and Jay already had, I'm glad it didn't happen in Alaska?
Hope you heal up well and quickly!

Patty

Thanks guys... I've been telling everyone I beat the :pie1::pie1::pie1::pie1: out of my boss which is easy to believe if you know him. lol ;) I think they got the idea for horrible bosses movie following his example..

:pie1::pie1::pie1::pie1: :pie1::pie1::pie1::pie1: :pie1::pie1::pie1::pie1: .. that hurts to even think about! Hope you heal quickly. (That's not your pie hand is it?)

Damn KLR's will do it to you every time. :(

Hope your recovery has minimal pain and a speedy recovery.

I'm thinking I need to get rid of the KLR now too. I've crashed it more times than I'd like to admit. I had full gear on too as always but must have smacked my hand against the hard ground just right. The gloves (Held warm and dry) have knuckles protected by leather-covered hard plastic shell too. It happened so fast I'm not sure what I smacked my hand on...

Total bummer for sure! It alwas sucks when something breaks...body or bike! :eek:4:

Can't be too bad you're back on here typing!
;)

Glad it wasn't worse and I hope you heal well!
Mark

Can't be too bad you're back on here typing!
;)

Glad it wasn't worse and I hope you heal well!
Mark

I keep twisting it too and it hurts like hell. :( It's hard trying to not use it though...

I wish you a speedy recovery, I could only imagine loosing the use of one hand if only for a week, and you have months to go.

I hear you... when did a tip-ectomy on my finger last year it was a pain having it stitched and then wrapped.

Glad it wasn't worse... like both hands... :eek:

Hope you heal quickly.

That sucks! I broke my hand back in Jan. I broke my thumb in the joint. Mine won't ever be the same. I'm still riding though. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Back
Top Bottom