Uncle Larry turns 100,000 miles on his VFR

Bike
2012 BMW K1600 GTL
STOC #
On our last trip to NatSToc Uncle Larry turned 100,000 miles on his VFR. I think that is an incredible milestone for a sport bike like that.

Also he is no spring chicken either!! :old1: :D
Yes this is true... tho he does keep up! Up! Congratulations on your achievement Larry. Hi Mike, thought i would make contact and say it
was a nice trip to NASTOC last year with you and Larry. Look forward to something of the same this year.

God Bless,
Wayne

waynedoyle.smugmug.com

OP
OP
970mike

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Yes this is true... tho he does keep up! Up! Congratulations on your achievement Larry. Hi Mike, thought i would make contact and say it
was a nice trip to NASTOC last year with you and Larry. Look forward to something of the same this year.

God Bless,
Wayne

waynedoyle.smugmug.com

Wayne, you have to remember he is old and slow!! :D

Bike
Vstrom 650
Well done Larry,that's some serious miles on the viffer, there are just 18,500 miles on the 00 I have now, long time till she hits 100k:)

VFR

"Uncle Larry"
Larry,

Wow 100k on a VFR, how many of those were riding in the ditch?

Somewhere in Wyoming, Larry makes an unexpected right turn, damn raccoons:)

DSCF0346.jpg

Just saw this.... Nice pic John!! Very good thing there was a sandy ditch there as I was headed for a barb wire fence. :eek:

Good ol' George, heads us down a really gnarly dirt shortcut. We turned around after that & went back to pavement. Someone looked that road up later & found that it was ~25 miles of that stuff--we were less than 5 miles into it at that time, thankfully.

Always exciting riding with these guys. And we will do it again this year. :D

ST1300 Alicia

aka GSA Girl & KLR Girl
Site Supporter
Bike
BMW R1200GSA
I have it on Good authority that at least some of those VFR Miles were aboard a train. Everyone knows about Uncle Larry's fascination with TRAINS.

Top Bottom