Vredestein Hypertrac All Season Tire

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Well I'll be obtuse... I just went back and reread from his first post (p. 2) in this thread, rereading each of his posts, and still don't see that quote here.
It is not in this thread. It is in his own thread, first line of the first post.
Click on the below- it will take you there.
cneher said:

Bike
‘06 ST1300
Yep! Took the bike to a local shop and had them mount the tires. Got a little squirrelly about 3/4 of the way there with those tires on the back. (Old tires were absolute TOAST and there were 20-30mph winds)

Josh_ST

I love my 2 wheeled therapy machine!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 Honda ST1300
2024 Miles
Help! I'm trying to install this tire on the STeed, and it's rubbing on the throttle side of the swingarm to the point the tire won't rotate! Did any one install it with the sipes on the throttle side rather than the clutch side? That's the only difference I can see in my install compared to others.

I figured out that it's not rubbing the swingarm, the rear brakes are binding up. And I never touched the brake levers until after the tire was mounted...

Last edited:

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I looked at the asymmetrical tread pattern, said what the heck, and installed it anyway without regard to the sipes.
So I honestly don't know which way we installed it (actually had a tire garage install it), but I can check when I get home in a while.
As an aside, does this reinforce the theory there is significant variance in tire size within a tire model / stated nominal size?
I have no clearance issues, which was my major concern.

Josh_ST

Site Supporter
Bike
2003 Honda ST1300
2024 Miles
I looked at the asymmetrical tread pattern, said what the heck....
I'll probably pull it and try flipping it for giggle since I have no other tire...

And shhhh, don't tell anyone but I discovered I mounted the front tire backwards on the rim and have to dismount it and flip it too :censored: :censored: :censored:

Dad would call it "Practice"!:biggrin: Big dummy!

Reactions: Obo

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
Help! I'm trying to install this tire on the STeed, and it's rubbing on the throttle side of the swingarm to the point the tire won't rotate! Did any one install it with the sipes on the throttle side rather than the clutch side? That's the only difference I can see in my install compared to others.
It won't make any difference flipping it around. It's manufacturing variances that casue the bikes to vary. The tire is probably no different than anyone else's tire. Bikes vary.

I replied to your pm. Please read it.

Josh_ST

Site Supporter
Bike
2003 Honda ST1300
2024 Miles
I figured out that it's not rubbing the swingarm, the rear brakes are binding up on the rotor. I removed the rear caliper stopper bolt and the caliper is hung on the rotor! And I never touched the brake levers until after the tire was mounted?

I guess I'll perform a rear pad "change" without replacing anything and see if it changes anything.

Bike
2008 ST1300 ABS
Here is a 5000 mile update on this tire. I have found this to be the best handling dark-side tire that I have used so far and I have tried several brands.

This tire has no slow speed bad habits like the others have when going slow over uneven road surfaces. The traction is fantastic on a wet road, I was riding with two others whose bikes slipped on a wet twisty road and they were running Bridgstone and Michelin motorcycle tires.

The tire wear looks good so far and only time will tell how many miles I will get out of it.

I have put this tire through the paces of some very twisty roads now and have full confidence in it. This tire works just as good as my 2012 ST1300 with PR5s on it, I can not tell any difference.

I will post more on this tire as time and mile go up.
Have you tried the Hankook? Seems I read somewhere here is was a good smooth riding tire.
Hankook Ventus V2 concept 2 All-Season Radial Tire - 205/50R17 V

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
I don't recall seeing the Ventus V2. There have been folks who did the Ventus sport k104, Ventus v12 Evo k110 & Ventus v12 Evo2 k120

The v12 evo2 k120 requires grinding of the weld seems off the swingarm.

OP
OP
970mike

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Have you tried the Hankook? Seems I read somewhere here is was a good smooth riding tire.
Hankook Ventus V2 concept 2 All-Season Radial Tire - 205/50R17 V
Yes it was my first darkside tire and I have found several better tires then those.

Top Bottom