Wednesday 21 February - a Hot Coffee Day

Bike
2011 Honda ST1300
Back from this AM's ride, at around 11:30am, temp had just cracked 30C, no time for post then, Helen and Sebastian took me to the Lego Discovery Centre. Reckon I could've passed, but what's a Grandpa gunna do?

Seb like the Lego, and his chocolate ice cream after, the smile says it all.

1708495149156.png

How can Grandpa stay grumpy when he sees that?

A warm one today:

1708494917633.png

Thanks to all who cleaned-up after the earlier help yourself invitation, see yuse all tomorrow.

Last edited:
Ay up Williamson and thanks for starting the day off.
It's too early for a tinny here and too damn cold for Ice Cream, so I'll put some French Roast on.
The weather.......looks up.......pffffffftttttt. NOT Australian in nature. But not Canadian either, there is a god!
Yesterday passed and today starts, what will it bring, dunno, but hopefully it won't involve washing machines.
I do need to get a booking form off via the interwebthingymabob for some accommodation we've been looking at in Luxembourg for the Autumn. I wonder what language they'll speak there. It better be English! Pffffffftttttt.
I think it'll probably be a nation of Patty's because no one is gonna speak Luxembourgerish.
Av a gud un out there and remember, we need more ammunition.
Upt.

Thx Michael for the startup and cheerful pic, and Ray for the FR!
The world is getting smaller by the minute, no wonder there’s so much traffic on the roads.

Yesterdays performance went well. A lot of rigging and unrigging, but no groupies in sight..pffft.

7˚c/45f, calm and grey. 30˚c….that’s too much for me. But I’d like the ice cream .

Cooking, reading, car wash ( not in me t-shirt…).

Have a good one!
Stu

From the summer archives……….Åkrafjorden
IMG_1929.jpeg

Holy jumpin' batfish catman, we're all over the time zones.

You say potato, I say 7:36.

Thanks @Williamson for the coffee. It's needed here this morning.

No, not as an elixir of life, rather to warm my hands.

It's a right cold -19C with a windchill of -24C. (-3F/-11F.) 'Tis sunny though, which should hopefully pop it up to -7C/(-12C)

Even the beer froze in the garage overnight as the car was saying -6C in there when I opened the door and went to start it.

Glad I'm not a forest critter . No idea how they and those little birds keep from freezing. I mean I know some of them still do, but most don't.

Hope everyone has a nice warm day!

Obo.

Good morning, everyone. Thanks for the start Michael, and for the fresh pot of French roast, Ray.

Brrrr, still chilly at 39, but making its way up to a comfortable 68, with a little wind. I knew it was cold last month, but I didn’t expect the electric bill to double! I think I’ll get my chimney cleaned before next winter and burn up some of fuel that I have growing.

Busy day today, since the procrastinators meeting was called off. Hair cut, dog food, paint rollers, and a trip to the bank. I could do it all at Walmart, but Teddy doesn’t like their food and I don’t like the haircut.

John

Good morning, and thanks to @Williamson for getting the thread started, and Ray for some coffee.

It's 14, going to 39 in MA today, and we'll see bright sun most of the day.

I spent yesterday in and out of the house, with gym stuff, notary stuff, and a visit to AAA to order some Euro for our coming trip.
I had dinner at the local Chinese restaurant, and Brenda appreciated the left over Moo-shu when she got home from bowling.

Today, I'll do more gym stuff, and visit our bank to deposit some checks we received.

Enjoy the day,
Steve

good morning all. thanks for the FR Ray. 45F on the dog walk with thick clouds, no stars and a faint glow of the moon from behind the cloud cover. as always a good walk. then a stray cat ran out from under a parked car. and I had the fight anything dog. he went crazy on the leash. thankfully the cat ran between two homes and disappeared into the dark. not sure what the day will bring. I do have the gym today but after that it's any ones guess. the cloud cover should clear up around 8am and head for a nice afternoon high of 67F. enjoy the day

stay safe

Good morning everyone

Thanks for the STart Michael, and to Ray for the reload.

It's a sunny 29°F in Rockville, where we expect sun all day and a high around 48.

Luxembourg ... I wonder what language they'll speak there. It better be English! Pffffffftttttt.
I think it'll probably be a nation of Patty's because no one is gonna speak Luxembourgerish.

One of the other guests on the dive boat last week was a woman from Luxembourg. She speaks English, German, is a teacher of French, and also speaks the Luxembourg patois language, which apparently has no written form. I don't recall for certain but she may also dabble en Espanol.

Continued work on the sewing center will be the main focus of my day. Yesterday I needed glue and thought I'd pick up a couple containers of joint-alignment biscuits (the little oval thingies made of reclaimed compressed birch, not the kind you eat) as well, as my supply is getting low and I'll need several dozen more before this project is completed. Surprisingly neither big box home improvement store I visited had any in stock. What's up with that? Fortunately, the woodworking specialty (toy) store I like has some on hand so I'll head over there sometime today after they open to pick them up.

I'll also test myself for COVID, as Mrs. Fun should be at or nearing the end of her contagious phase and I want to know whether I've picked it up since arriving home over the weekend.

Stay safe and well everyone and tell your dear ones you love them.

Going to head back to the well and hopefully get some sleep.
I always say I can sleep anywhere, but in a well?!
Don't like sleeping cold, wet and cramped. Unless maybe you had THIS in mind, but I'd call it more of a capsule...

20240216_183319.jpg

Massage chair, it is, at last weekend's Home and Garden Show.
Meanwhile it's 36 and clear, expected high of 71. That works.
I pity the frozen beer, especially if the bottles broke. What a mess that can be. A good Canadian whiskey wouldn't have done that.
But the French Roast is terrific, and warms the cockles of my ❤️ heart, thanks to Ray. And heart cockles are a real thing, you can look it up.
I barely remember Luxembourg from my brief visit when I was quite a bit younger, and that memory is at least as blurrish to me as it is for our morning's barrista. Not to be confused with a barrister, mind you.
There's a historical American figure, an imperfect man and much maligned, but had some wise and powerful words in the 60s. Most of us, me included, have never known he said this...
We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Hope is always a good thing, but it is not a strategy.
I hope everyone can enjoy your day, especially Patty with her oral ailment.

Good morning all!
Thanks to Michael (& Ray’s backup Java) for getting this thread rolling!

It really isn’t necessary to be posting so early, but, at least I slept through it all!

Currently 54 - 72F with loads of sunshine & a blow out of the north!

Patty, I trust things are getting better for you!
Hopefully your move will go well & your new digs will be as wonderful as they can be!

We have company arriving tomorrow.
Enjoy your Wednesday!
WB

Good morning all! Thank you, Michael and Ray, for the start-up and French roast.

The sun is shining brightly this morning and will continue to shine until this evening, when it gets dark (duh!) and the clouds come rolling back in. It's still cold, but there's another warm-up in progress. It's now -10°C/14°F with a feels-like of -17°C/1°F, but we'll see 0°C/32°F (windchill -5°C/28°F) by this evening.

Doc took most of my sutures out yesterday (left a couple in, but they'll dissolve on their own), and said that everything looked "good." I have to go back in 6 weeks so that he can go back in and take out all the "stuff" he put in - hopefully, the graft will have "taken" and there will be new bone there. Onward and upward.

Everyone have a great day, stay safe and go safely.

Patty

Morning one and all. Thank you for the wake up Willamson, and the 2nd cup Ray. Frost this morning on the windshield, but sunlight making its appearance, so I can be thankful of that.
A busy day, as all Weds are, with several meetings from start to finish, but it keeps me on track.
MLK Jr left a prolific legacy of wisdom in his writings, its a shame more people haven't read any of his work.
Have a delightful day...
Tim

Yawn, stretch, smack, slurp............

Morning Michael........

Overcast and rainy here this morning. Above freezing and getting warmer all week.
No plans today, yesterday was taken up building a new grow light stand and hang the new grow lights for the all new little plants coming up for the garden this summer.
IMG_20240221_081821.jpg

Yep, time to plan for summer and gardening. I raise about 250 petunias from last years flower seeds and tomatoes will be coming up soon too.

Hope everyone has a wonderful wednesaturday.
T

Back
Top Bottom