Welcome to all the recent newbies

Bike
VStrom 650
Good morning everyone.
I write from Italy, I live in Italy.
I discovered this forum looking for a detail that I have been looking for for a very long time.
The forums as always are great
Forgive my English is the result of google translate.
Welcome from Northumberland, England.
Upt'North.

Bike
VStrom 650
Hello all! I bought a 2006 ST1300 from a good friend in North Carolina a couple weeks ago, and rode it home to Arizona last week. Our maiden voyage together was 2872 miles with zero moto problems. After getting home, I noticed I only have one working headlight. Hmmm, guess I should join an ST forum and find out what to do. Thanks for being here.
No Shoes, buy some shoes will ya. Welcome from Northumberland, England.
You've got Larry @Igofar near to you I think if you need any assistance. He's a leg end.
Upt'North.

Greetings to all! I just got my 2005 ST1300 home from the previous owner this afternoon and I look forward to years of riding when the weather allows, and tinkering when it doesn't.
I'm recently retired to the mountains of NW Arkansas. Easy access to some of the best motorcycling roads around. I've already dug around the forum and found many useful bits, such as the new owners maintenance guide.
Cheers,
John 90997B28-6D97-41EB-88BC-4CAAFC182A16.jpeg

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
Greetings to all! I just got my 2005 ST1300 home from the previous owner this afternoon and I look forward to years of riding when the weather allows, and tinkering when it doesn't.
I'm recently retired to the mountains of NW Arkansas. Easy access to some of the best motorcycling roads around. I've already dug around the forum and found many useful bits, such as the new owners maintenance guide.
Cheers,
John 90997B28-6D97-41EB-88BC-4CAAFC182A16.jpeg
Best year and color! Congrats and welcome from Colorado.

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
I'm a re-newbie. Name is Robert Fischer from Tampa, Fl. and I was a member a few years ago. Dropped out when I sold my ST. Now I've bought another one and want to get reinvolved with the group. I've aquired a very nice 05 with 27,000 miles and am looking forward to adding a lot of miles to it. Been riding bikes since 68. Just sold my sandcast 69 Honda 750 to a guy in Australia. It was hard to part with a one owner 43 year old bike but I was ready. Too much work, not enough riding. I'll try to connect with the FSTOC group and look forward to the forums here.
I used to tampa with my wife in florida

Hello everybody!

Just bought my first ST1300 today, picking up by trailer tomorrow. Found a slightly neglected '02 with a HISS issue for a very good price, so now I have something to tour Europe on this summer.

Found the forum by it constantly popping up when researching the HISS issue, and got some good vibes.

Bought a 2015 Kawasaki concours 2 years old with 2 miles on, which made 4 bikes. Sold the St and waved goodbye. Rode the Connie to the east coast, sure missed the comfort. saw my St on Offerup and went to go look. Back to 4 bikes, it had been ridden about 1400 miles. found 30 led strips on it and was scratched up pretty good. Taking it apart and painting to the original blue. It will never leave again, too many great memories. will pour cement around it and put a mailbox on the tail when I cant ride anymore. Rode it 120,000 miles and made many trips with the wife on the back.

Miss it still, sold my ,66 mustang convertible in 2000. Still miss it too.
Traded for 2000 ZRX so there was some benefit there

Hi there everyone,
I'm not an ST rider, but I am a few doors along in the Honda stables with two CBR1100XX's.
One is an 07 (almost completely OEM) the other an 06 (my project/tinkering bike).

I just joined up as I'm seeking some technical information regarding the ST's that's not the sort of info you can find online, so what better place to get accurate information than from those who own and ride them.

I'll be seeing you in the other forum sections.

Bike
2000 ST1100
I must have "achieved" newbie status due to my infrequent participation. I joined here something like 8 years ago and made only a handful of posts back then, relating to my seeking to buy an ST1100. I purchased a 2000 non-ABS model from a good fellow in Castle Rock, Colorado. I flew to Colorado Springs, caught a ride from a friend who lives there and rode it back to Bisbee, Arizona. I encountered severe carburetor problems on the way home and related this to the seller. He generously refunded some of my purchase price, which amounted to half of the repair cost, for which I will always be grateful. Since then, I have periodically "lurked" on this site, gaining lots of insight into the maintenance and ownership of my bike. When logging in today, I received the new member notice that my first post will need to be approved by moderators in order to be in the verified usergroup. I am posting this in hopes of accomplishing that and I see that I will need to be more proactive to avoid this in the future. May I extend my best wishes and gratitude to the many ST owners out there who keep this site so valuable as a resource.

Just signed up for the site today. Thought I too was a member at one time (that may have been in the previous decade, can't remember!)
Looking to possibly have a ST one day in the stable and it can join the other Honda's (both 2 and 4 wheel models) that I own.

RAGBrian

Hi all. I'm a new re-member. My ST1100 is in the shed still waiting for me to put it back together since 2011. Not sure why I took it apart in the first place! Looking for some inspiration to get it back together after I've sorted my BMW which is in a similar state. Currently riding a GSXR-750 instead.

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Hi all. I'm a new re-member. My ST1100 is in the shed still waiting for me to put it back together since 2011. Not sure why I took it apart in the first place! Looking for some inspiration to get it back together after I've sorted my BMW which is in a similar state. Currently riding a GSXR-750 instead.
Re-welcome to everyone :)

Last edited:
Bike
2017 Yamaha FJR1300
Hello..
I live in Winnipeg and I ride a Yamaha FJR1300..I’ve been riding for about 55yrs, so I’m officially old, lol.. I’m one of raYzerman’s apple fritter testers.

Last edited:
Newbie (Dave) here, just picked up my '06 ST1300 yesterday... she's got 93k miles but it's been well taken care of. Looking forward to reading and learning more about the bike.

I've ridden/raced motorcycles most of my life, but haven't had one for ~10 years now since the kids were keeping me too busy to go riding. But I'm starting to have some more free time so it's time to ride again. :cool:

This is me on the ride home yesterday after the purchase.
Dave-ST1300.jpg

Top Bottom