What did you do with your Yamaha today?

Not a thing, but I did do the 12000 mile service on my Kawasaki Versys while the FJR just stood there and watched. I did get to take the Big Versys out for short ride today.

SAM_5813.JPG

NOTHING! Started it...looked at it...then turned it off. 37 degrees outside!!!

33 degrees for this mornings ride on the FJR. Beautiful with the sun coming up and a hard frost on the ground.

Did 250 miles this morning, a bit chilly at 33 most of the ride but got to 41 by the time I was back home.

Last edited:
That's still good riding weather. If your Yamaha can't handle 37F, then try a BMW. Thursday, it was 32F and a very enjoyable ride. ;)

Chris
Once you buy a heated jacket liner and gloves you will wonder why you wasted a lot of the best riding time. I ride in the St Louis winter 20 degree temps all winter as long as the roads are clear. No battery tender needed.

I ping ponged off that tree into the one on the left and somewhere in the fall wrenched my left hip. Feels a lot better much ice and ibuprofen later. I'd like to ride tomorrow, too, but I bet the leg is stiff AF in the morning.

Just got home. 373 miles on the FJR through the wilds of New Mexico. Great day with almost no wind. A rarity around here. Visited Yates NM for the first time. It ain't much.

Not gonna BUY all that heated stuff.
I bought some heated gear bits I'm very happy with. One of those bits is a mug warmer on the kitchen counter for my hot chocolate when the thermometer reads 50º. Put my feet up and read a book. Pass the marshmallows please.

Top Bottom