What do u do for work?

Mr.E

Steve
Bike
Boss Hoss & ST1300
Precision Engineer, Industrial Audiologist, Health & Safety Management, Security Controller/Vetter with MI5.
Now semi-retired with own business manufacturing TriQuad Ladder Safety devices.

Bike
BMW K1100LT
Left school at 16 joined RAF Regiment and served for nearly 23 years before leaving and attempting civilian life. Lasted less than 6 months before rejoining as full time reservist. A further 3 years as reserve including another 2 tours of Afghanistan before finally leaving and becoming a civilian again:(. Retrained as an electrician, thanks to retraining program for veterans etc and after working for a living, as the wife puts it, moved off the tools and became a project supervisor for the MOD, yep back on military bases again, but this time as a civi. Continued in this role until the "chinese flu" struck and after been on furlough decided to jack it all in and retire. With been over 56 I was entitled to take a tax free lump sum from my pension which helped fund the move over here to Tunisia and is keeping us quite comfortably and will until my full pension is due in just under 8yrs. So we are now living in the sun and enjoying every minute of it relaxing and doing exactly what we want, when we want, mainly sunbathing and riding the K11 around the quiet scenic areas of Tunisia what the tourists don't know about or go to very often.We also have the added luxury of been able to jump on a ferry and go to either Sicily, mainland Italy, France or Malta (via ferry from Sicily).

Bike
Honda ST1300 Pan-Eur
Left school at 16 joined RAF Regiment and served for nearly 23 years before leaving and attempting civilian life. Lasted less than 6 months before rejoining as full time reservist. A further 3 years as reserve including another 2 tours of Afghanistan before finally leaving and becoming a civilian again:(. Retrained as an electrician, thanks to retraining program for veterans etc and after working for a living, as the wife puts it, moved off the tools and became a project supervisor for the MOD, yep back on military bases again, but this time as a civi. Continued in this role until the "chinese flu" struck and after been on furlough decided to jack it all in and retire. With been over 56 I was entitled to take a tax free lump sum from my pension which helped fund the move over here to Tunisia and is keeping us quite comfortably and will until my full pension is due in just under 8yrs. So we are now living in the sun and enjoying every minute of it relaxing and doing exactly what we want, when we want, mainly sunbathing and riding the K11 around the quiet scenic areas of Tunisia what the tourists don't know about or go to very often.We also have the added luxury of been able to jump on a ferry and go to either Sicily, mainland Italy, France or Malta (via ferry from Sicily).
Many thanks for your service to your country. Enjoy your retirement. You earned it!

Thanks for your service... (I couldnt serve :( ) My daughter is at Osan AB.... currently home on leave for the next week or so...
Thank you for your support! Am sure you are very proud of your daughter and are enjoying having her home! I flew the C-5 into Osan more times than I can count. I loved my trips there even though they were each very short. You can buy just about anything you can imagine just outside the main gate and I love the Korean people. What does she do? Please pass on my appreciation for her service. In a lot of ways I think the decision to serve is more difficult for this generation than it was for me.

she
Thank you for your support! Am sure you are very proud of your daughter and are enjoying having her home! I flew the C-5 into Osan more times than I can count. I loved my trips there even though they were each very short. You can buy just about anything you can imagine just outside the main gate and I love the Korean people. What does she do? Please pass on my appreciation for her service. In a lot of ways I think the decision to serve is more difficult for this generation than it was for me.
She is in some admin position... claims shes a glorified postal worker...lol. She didnt want to go SK... she had her heart set on Germany... in talking to her, shes getting more accepting of her location....Sounds like in May she will either be going to Italy or germany... I got an up-close look at a C5 in Oshkosh this past summer... its nuts how large those are...!

Bike
Yamaha Tracer 900 GT
I design aircraft loading caluculators. I'll be nice since there are a few pilots here and if you ever flew charter ops you may have used us. LOL. Been doing this for 17 years with 7 more to go.
One of my sons is a Load Master in the Texas ANG on a C-130 in the 136th. Im sure he apreciates your weitht and balance calculator.

Da Bear

Ask me about my cat...
Bike
'03 ST1300
I've worn so many hats over the years, I never shied away from an opportunity to pick up a new life skill. The more experiences you have, the more employable you are when the economy goes to hell...
When I was 11 I started a lawn mowing service that employed local kids. I did all of the leg work lining up jobs for most of the kids in my neighbourhood, work sheets told them what services were being provided, and they got to keep any tips. I bought bedding plants at wholesale prices from a local nursery, and we offered that service to our customers. Some weekends there were 5-10 kids working one yard! I made almost $4,400 that summer...
At 13 I started my own reptile and amphibian wholesale company that supplied local pet stores. I expanded that to include mice and rats...
I went to work for one of the better known pet stores in the SF bay area the same year I started managing and doing stand-up with an entertainment troupe my late friend Charles Amaral (You can still see him on YouTube "Magic By Charles and The Lady) myself and 5 other friends started in my sophomore year in high school.
By my senior year I was in my own place in San Francisco, finishing my senior year, of high school in Hayward; managing the magic troupe, and 3 pet stores for a couple that owned three franchise stores. As soon as I graduated, I was offered a corporate position as a "Trouble shooter" Manager. Opening new stores or re-opening stores that had closed or been closed...All over the country...
I got burnt out at that so I went to work as a hard core third part collection agent, trained by one of the men that actually wrote the legislation (Public law 95-109, the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act). I left that and went into what I have to say was the most enjoyable job ever. Driving trucks. Mostly local delivery. That came to an end August 1st 2011, when (And this is all from witness accounts, I don't remember the entire day) I reached up to pull down the rope on the rear door, I fell backwards, landing on the right side of my head, snapping my neck and shoving a disc into my spinal cord. I had a friend ride my bike home from the office, something I NEVER do...
I lost the use of my left hand for awhile, and had vertigo for 10 years.

We're all over the world, we stopped production two years ago when Marti, my wife was diagnosed with cancer... We were in business for over twenty years...

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike
2006 ST 1300
I'm the head Ding Dong in a box of Twinkies.... most days. My ideal job never materalized. I always wanted to be a fitting room attendant at Victoria's Secret. But that's never happened. So, I'm in trerapy for that.
Seriously, I retired from a local Municipality fleet division in the Phoenix area. Presently work part time for U-HAUL out of Tempe AZ. shuffling trucks and equipment to and from our repair shop to dealers and centers mostly in the Phoenix area.

Started out as a landscape laborer, became a fitter welder making truck parts to structural steel for nine years. Welding is actually a kinda filthy business, but is really good to know.
Went back to school for diesel mechanics and worked at that for 33 yrs till retirement. worked out well being a mechanic, machinist, welder.

STumped

Because I usually am . . . .
Bike
2012 BMW K1600GT
Well, I didn't want to jinx it while I was still in probation, lest I not make it for some reason. But now, the one year probation is over so it's official! Since February of last year I have been employed with American Airlines as an Aircraft Dispatcher. Best job I've ever had and I love it there! Plus, I got to move back to DFW. ;)

Well, I didn't want to jinx it while I was still in probation, lest I not make it for some reason. But now, the one year probation is over so it's official! Since February of last year I have been employed with American Airlines as an Aircraft Dispatcher. Best job I've ever had and I love it there! Plus, I got to move back to DFW. ;)
When you say "dispatch..." as in take them out back and shoot them?

Top Bottom