What does your nickname stand for?

Bike
'06 ST1300A
It's a French Canadian thing...actually a swear word/invective which happens to correspond with the letters of the model we so dearly love.

Bike
ST 1100 s
Been asked twice now... so thought I'd start since cl came up with the idea... thanks cl :)

She stands for Sherri (wife) Rob for Robert (me)... just easy to remember with all of the userids I have, the type of work I do... same has home email too.

Not dual personalities or a lifestyle I live... :D
almost a big spider in lord of the rings

STOC #
I worked five years as a Honda MC Tech guy and had countless work orders come to me with "Make Run" on them, plus I later on restored a couple bikes. MC, motorcycle Reviver.

My name Jammin'John ! People who know me have always seen me either playing music or riding motorcycles or both. The call me Jammin' and Jammin'John.

JJ

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Current nickname of 20+ years, once I began following ldriders email list - these are, as some here know the Iron Butt Rally crowd.
I use it as my motorcycle tag, but there are only 7 spaces for bike tags, thus Saddlesore would not work. Abbreviate, in one way, and ya get...
While I am not an IBR finisher, having never applied nor been accepted to The Big Dance, the thought of riding 1000 miles at a time (aka Saddlesore 1000 or SS1K) seemed to be a challenge worth pursuing, those years ago.
So I did one, then two, then a BunBurner (aka BB, 1500 miles in 36 hours.)
Previously I was wygoslo, also the motorcycle tag for my '97 Blackbird. I had several bikes at one time, but a 2003 BMW f650gs Dakar didn't seem to live up to wygoslo like the 1100xx after it was sold, so...
If that doesn't make any sense to you, I'll explain. Don't wanna insult anyone's intelligence.
So, sadlsor is my license tag for the ST1300. Haven't done an actual SS1K on it yet, but I wouldn't expect any issues. It will certainly have more range than any of my previous bikes, and that's not a bad thing. Stock seat. It will do. Probably this spring.
EDIT: corrected Bun Burner, which is 1500 miles in 36 hours. The Bun Burner Gold is that same distance in 24 hours.

Last edited:

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Previously I was wygoslo, also the motorcycle tag for my '97 Blackbird. I had several bikes at one time, but a 2003 BMW f650gs Dakar didn't seem to live up to wygoslo like the 1100xx after it was sold, so...
If that doesn't make any sense to you, I'll explain. Don't wanna insult anyone's intelligence.
I was trying to recall a town named Goslo in Wyoming before figuring it out. ;)

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Been asked twice now... so thought I'd start since cl came up with the idea... thanks cl :)

She stands for Sherri (wife) Rob for Robert (me)... just easy to remember with all of the userids I have, the type of work I do... same has home email too.

Not dual personalities or a lifestyle I live... :D
Stedy, because my last name is stedman. Im thinking about a vanity plate. A farkle!

Whisker Bill

(Brian)
Site Supporter
STokes Bay, Ontario & migrating to Florida
Bike
2007 ST1300
“Whisker Bill” was a friend of my late Dad’s, I liked the sound; and since my face hasn’t been hair free for more than a few weeks since I was 18 it was a good fit!;)
I have thought of changing to Whisker Brian...

Reactions: Obo

Horsehead

Slow Pokin' the Southeast
Bike
'01 ST1100
When I was a freshman in college, I met a group of girls and was eager to gain their acquaintance. Apparently at some point in the evening we talked about our favorite movies and I relayed the scene from The Godfather where the movie producer wakes up with his prized thoroughbred's head in his bed. This story made quite the impression on one of the girls, Callie. She began referring to me as "Horsehead". I thought it was a term of endearment for my luxurious mane (as I had quite the head of hair at the time). In actuality she was mocking me for telling a group of girls a story from a movie about a decapitated horse's head in some guy's bed. But we actually became fast friends, and so what started as a bit of a jab did indeed turn into a term of endearment. And I used it as my screen-name for the first internet message board I ever joined. And it's so unique that it's never been taken before I registered, even though it's been almost 20 years and many different forums. And thus, I am forever "horsehead".

Top Bottom