Which three brands for heated jacket and pants liners would you recommend?

Afan

... and this is my real name.
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Getting ready for early spring commuting to work (120 miles both directions). I'm looking for heated jacket and pants liners. Which three brands would you recommend? TourMaster? Firstgear? Gerbing's?

Thanks.

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
I have Tourmaster Synergy heated gear(chaps/jacket liner/and 2 sets of gloves)... going on 5 years(?)... have had one controller replaced gratis without a question by them. Would buy them again without hesitation!

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Firstgear heated stuff is actually made by Warm-N-Safe.

If you buy from the manufacturer, lifetime warranty on the electrical parts.
Highly recommended.

Also, discount given to ST-Owners members.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Which ever brand you can get the best deal on, they all will work for you. I have the Gerbing's and TourMaster.

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
If you can try them on....they fit a little differently from what I would call normal sizing..........stay warm......ff

OP
OP
Afan

Afan

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Which ever brand you can get the best deal on, they all will work for you. I have the Gerbing's and TourMaster.
That's kinda the issue. Checked a jacket liner recently in one of the local stores and it was the brand never heard before. Not necessary it's bad but I'm assuming there is more chance to be bad than one of top rated brands, right?
TM Synergy was my first option but don't have a chance to try it and I have to try it because... aaa... I'm... kinda... OS (of-standard), specially between the belt and chest. ;-)

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
Can't really add much to the offered recommendations. I only have the heated gloves from Gerbing and this morning just turned up the variable control until just before it goes solid on. As you may have noticed around our area it was about -5?F in town and lower points east. My hands were warm. I bought mine before TM had improved the Synergy line and before Warm-n-Safe was available to me. Have had mine for about 8 years now and still keeping my hands warm (layers keep the rest of me warm). If you can find the TM items at www.motorcyclegear.com they have a really good support and return policy and are really helpful on the phone with sizing.

Bike
ST1300A
STOC #
I've been wearing Gerbing's stuff for over 30 years mainly because they accommodated those of us who love pie, lots of pie.

I've had two controllers fail in these years, one spectacularly went up in fire and smoke!

Mike:03biker:

STDaveNW

Dave
Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
Now that Girbing does not offer lifetime warranty all bet are off. Cycle gear carries some sets that are priced lower with a controller. Might be easier to walk in try them on and return them if you have an issue.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
That's kinda the issue. Checked a jacket liner recently in one of the local stores and it was the brand never heard before. Not necessary it's bad but I'm assuming there is more chance to be bad than one of top rated brands, right?
TM Synergy was my first option but don't have a chance to try it and I have to try it because... aaa... I'm... kinda... OS (of-standard), specially between the belt and chest. ;-)
I like both sets of gloves and jackets that I have, I found my stuff used and like new here on this forum and have been very happy when needed.

Bike
2005 ST1300
I have the Firstgear (Made by Warm N Safe) gloves and jacket liner with dual controller. They work great. Mine are hard wired.

My brother and his wife have battery operated ones by Gerbing. They initially bought the ones made for motorcycling but the battery life was not long, Gerbing allowed them to exchange them for the snowmobile type. Longer battery life and are very happy with them.

Good luck.

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
Now that Girbing does not offer lifetime warranty all bet are off. Cycle gear carries some sets that are priced lower with a controller. Might be easier to walk in try them on and return them if you have an issue.

Bingo! I have the Sedici (cycle gear) liner and wear it all the time now. I keep the Gerbing liner as a backup because If that ones breaks, it cost me money. Can't beat the cycle gear warranty. For me it's an hour ride and grab a new one off the shelf. Other brands..call for RA number, box it up, post office run, wait 6-8 weeks, get it back in time to break out the mesh gear. Lol

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
Warm-n-Safe here. Great company to work with. I've had my jacket liner, gloves and dual controller 5 or 6 years without issue.

OP
OP
Afan

Afan

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
I see on the pages, they are talking about 65W, 70W, 90W jacket liners... What's the difference? What to look for? What should be the lowest limit? How to compare them?

Bike
2021 Tracer 9GT
STOC #
Gerbing or Warm and Safe. Be sure to get the newer, windproof models that have exterior pockets. Personally, I would not even consider anything else.
The last time I checked, Gerbing made HD branded heated gear; W&S made Firstgear and Powerlet.

The new Gerbing liners are made in the USA. I am not sure about their controllers, they used to be made in China. The W&S liners are made overseas somewhere I think.

The W&S "HeatTroller" controller is smaller and superior in my experience. Made in USA. You will definitely want a controller.

Bike
2021 Tracer 9GT
STOC #
You will want the most powerful ones offered living where you do. Mine are 90w, and I live in TN. Be sure to get a controller to regulate the heat on your new gear.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
+1 on the controller. I have the variable controller for my Gerbing gloves and really glad I do. I can fine tune the heat for the temp as needed. It's perfect for me for this central Iowa weather. Of course yesterday and today it was set to the near lowest setting since temps were around 23?F-24?F both mornings. A controller with only fixed high, med, low switched settings (or worse, only a hi/lo setting) will work but you will find sometimes that you will be either a bit cool or too warm for lack of an in-between setting.

Top Bottom