2024 WoodSToc 2 - Aug 15-18, 2024 - Mazerolle Settlement, NB

This thread has been sticked forever.

Happy Rob

Rob
Bike
2004 ST 1300
STOC #
My 2 cents. I'm a camper, not a moteller!!! is that a word? O'Connell campground was $46 a night. I enjoy sitting around the fire and drinking a few wobblie pops after a nice ride, cooking on a fire or bbq. That's my idea of a vacation. Maybe that is weird? I appreciate all the effort OBO and Catcher made to organize WoodSToc, I'd go back. I helped organize Rolling RockSToc last year. I think we put too much time into designing rides and places to eat. I am more of a " let's see who shows up, guage the crowd and go for it, kind of fella". Leaders will lead, others will follow. For me, part of the fun was getting there, then maybe less riding and more good ol fun. I would like to feed OBO some gummies , beer or booze and give him a crate to stand on and provide a show for the evening!!!! Then there is the entertainment of hearing Uncle Phil isms. Heck, we could all sleep in Cathchers massive van! Is he compensating for something!!!
I just bought another camper ( Aspen Classic), so I will be riding somewhere to attend another event next year.
BTW, Trav-lite camper for sale in Newfoundland. I'll even deliver elsewhere for a price!!! What an opportunity for some lucky bike owner to come see Newfoundland and do a ride and buy!!!! I'll be your tour guide when you get here!!!
Still HAPPY ROB

Attachments

OP
OP
catcher

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
So what we want is a campground with cabins, fire pit, and a big gathering room / banquet hall. A babbling brook, as well as beautiful waterfront. Along a winding, hilly road. I think I found it! Closer inspection tomorrow...

• Haha
Reactions: Obo

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Just take the H in hotel and bend it in a backwards arch so the top tip touches the ground.... voila, a hotel is now a motel.

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
So what we want is a campground with cabins, fire pit, and a big gathering room / banquet hall. A babbling brook, as well as beautiful waterfront. Along a winding, hilly road. I think I found it! Closer inspection tomorrow...
Why am I envisioning your Air B&B with a bunch of fancy furnished baby barns in the back yard?

OP
OP
catcher

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
Ah, today was indeed the "closer inspection" day. With the illustrious Obo close at hand, I wandered around and pretty much checked all the boxes. I had a very positive impression of everything we saw. Met the owner, friendly and very agreeable and accommodating. So by mutual agreement, Obo and I are excited to announce that the venue for WoodSToc 2 in 2024 will be at the Riverrun Resort and Campground. www.riverrunresort.ca

OP
OP
catcher

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
Of all the SToc events I've attended, the best memories I have are of campground venues. Places like White Lake, Smuggler's Cove, and Tally Ho Inn. I believe Riverrun will be as good as any!

Bike
2008 ST1300a
OK, so this sounds like a great first big long ride...I'm a noob, so what is the protocol here? Do I say yes, then book my own accommodation, etc?

Some guidance is needed from the more experienced folks.

OP
OP
catcher

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
Booking accommodation with the resort will need to wait a bit. I'll advise as I find out more. In the meantime, get yourself on the rsvp list here, top of 1st page!

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
OK, so this sounds like a great first big long ride...I'm a noob, so what is the protocol here? Do I say yes, then book my own accommodation, etc?

Some guidance is needed from the more experienced folks.
Welcome to the site, you will enjoy it if you attend a stoc event. Keep an eye out for the next RTE (ride to eat), I heard there might be one later this month. Ride to eat is where someone will post a destination/time and then anyone hungry that day may attend and have a meal with the group. Nice way to meet some of the gang. This is a link to last weekend's RTE.

Looking forward to meeting you in the future.

OP
OP
catcher

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
Couple of notes; Kevin (owner) told us that by the end of this past March, the domes were fully booked for the entire year. That tells me that if one of these delectable domes appeals to you, book it! I don't want to hear any "disappointed Debbie" tales later! They really are nice, and there really is a babbling brook in back.
The cabins on the other hand, all need their interiors finished, but should be ready in time for our use. I think one is a two bedroom, the others are one bedroom, but will have a pullout in the main living area. There's a spacious grassy area behind the cabin group, where we'll have a fire pit and some tables. That'll be our tall tales and stunning story area! Remember, the stories don't have to be true, so stretch 'em 'til they break!
Any retired carpenters out there? Come and help!
Obo, did you say you'll cook breakfast for everybody?

OP
OP
catcher

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
Obo, since you seem to have quite a wry sense of humour, I would have expected at least rye toast, no doubt dry! (have to milk it for all it's worth)

STFlips

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100A
Couple of notes; Kevin (owner) told us that by the end of this past March, the domes were fully booked for the entire year. That tells me that if one of these delectable domes appeals to you, book it!
Obo, did you say you'll cook breakfast for everybody?
I took your advice George, so there will be no "disappointed Debbie" next year :thumb:
The domes come with microwaves too, so I can warm up Obo's breakfast offerings :biggrin:

Top Bottom