2024 WoodSToc 2 - Aug 15-18, 2024 - Mazerolle Settlement, NB

This thread has been sticked forever.
If I can add in my 2 cents for next year perhaps a hotel a little closer to some food places within walking distance.

I know I'd pay the extra for the convenience of a decent complimentary breakfast, a decent hotel and within walking distance of a few restaurants and pub (fast food and sit down) for folks who want to get together in the evening after a ride to chillax.

I'm thinking the Best Western Plus. I wasn't real impressed by HoJo's for my monetary ROI.
It's also a lot closer to Connell Park so @Happy Rob can get a few extra minutes sleep for those 8am start times. :tent3::bl13:
If I had to stay in a hotel in Woodstock, it would be the Best Wester Plus there for sure.

Happy Rob

Rob
Bike
2004 ST 1300
STOC #
I might just be interested. I promised to take my wife to PEI next summer. Sure tis only a flick to New Brunswick from der. I can't wait to camp in my new to me camper. I sold the other one a couple of weeks after I got back from last WoodSToc.

Reactions: Obo

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
I grabbed a dome for the Mrs. & me... not that I had much of a choice when I showed her the photos I took of the one @catcher and I looked at.

That leaves 2 domes on the books as of when I last checked.

Here's hoping the cabins get completed soon, as well as the other renovations!

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
So should I be booking a hotel for this already?
That depends... if you wanted a dome, then yes. They are supposed to have 6 cabins finished by then, but they are not bookable yet. If you were camping, no I'd say you're fine to wait. These are all if you want to stay in the same "resort" location.

When I booked my dome it said 50% was due on booking, but I see they charged my credit card for the full amount already. Not real happy about that but I'm guessing it's because they deal with a 3rd party for booking and billing.

If you wanted to stay nearby, but not with the group there are lots of options for decent places in Fredericton NB (about a 15 min drive) such as the Best Western, Radison Kingswood, Chateau Fredericton, Holiday Inn, Comfort Inn as well as other hotels and motels. If you have questions about any in specific just reach out and I can provide the deets about them.

1697028954519.png

OP
OP
catcher

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
I can lead
Rob! pleased to see that you're going to be part of our happening group. Imagine you on the podium (or maybe standing on a block of wood) giving us your best stories from back home! And like I said before, they don't have to be true... Ah, a campfire and stories... and, you can lead us in song, if we can just get Patty to come with her guitar - happened once before!

STFlips

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100A
Obo's wife, Cherie, and my wife.. Sounds like a couples retreat. I can lead in midfullness/ meditation moments!!
Ya sure Rob when I meditate my eyes are closed and I sometimes snore. My wife Deb, who you have met, will be coming too. I’m interested in a side trip to PEI, so keep in touch & maybe we can ride together there.

STFlips

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100A
I reserved a dome for Cherie and I, we will arrive on Wednesday and stay to Sunday. I think I will plan an interesting route with short riding days to get out there, hopefully the trip out will be as enjoyable as the event.
That’s great guys, we’re fellow domers with OBO, lol. keep in touch with your ride plans, would be great if Deb and I could maybe ride along?

Top Bottom