Show me pics of your fully loaded out (for camping) bike

Phartz

Pat Thompson
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
I'm not totally, completely, fully packed yet but you'll get the idea. I moved things around a bit this year and made it a little easier to get the bags closed. :cool: In the right bag there is also a dinner plate stuck in behind the sleeping bag and there are a few more small items still to go in the remaining nooks and crannies. I've got 'til Friday night for that. :D

With all the camping gear and misc in the saddlebags I then use the topbox like a suitcase with all my clothing and laptop. The cargo net on the back seat also serves to hold the inverter, plugged in on the side below the seat, if I need to run the cord into the trunk and charge the laptop during the day. Also holds water bottles and the occasional layer of clothing that's been removed or that sandwich I just picked up. :)

Camera and binoculars are in the left fairing pocket and wallet, glasses, etc. go in the right. I don't use a tank bag.

:06biker: :06biker: :06biker:

Attachments

tommy5313

tom
STOC #
The wife and I camp when ever we go on trips, a few times a year. I bought a uni-go trailer at the begining of last year and have used it several times. Including hitting the dragon with a full load. it works out great.

Last edited:
Bike
ST1100
Here's a couple of pics of the bike how its packed when I'm traveling. Behind me on the seat is a Gearsack bag that holds my food, airbed, cooking and eating gear, towel, odds and ends. Behind the seat is my 3 man tent, sleeping bag that has heaps of room, chair, and at times a folding table, and collapsible esky, you know the things you put ice in. Left hand pannier has clothing and an extra pair of shoes/sneakers. The right hand pannier is empty except for a hat. Its where I put my ice if I need it and extra food and stuff I get in my travels.
The tank bag is a magnetic one??????
So I got me a tank cover an glued a heap of metal washers on it and now I have something a magnetic tank bag can stick to :bow1:
The tank bag is a two piece job and in the bottom section is my rain gear. In the top section is a torch, insect and sun protection stuff, camera, spare batteries, phone charger, Heath bars, chocolate and other snacks, that I munch on on the go, and a camelbak bladder which I normally start off with frozen. I run the hose of the camelbak out of the tank bag and down the side as in the photo. In the top plastic map part of the tank bag I have a damp cloth that I use to wipe the face every now and again, that's just the best when its really hot
I always wear a flip up full face helmet when I travel as it makes it easier to have something to eat and drink when I'm going along. Just in case your wondering. the screens cut down so it works. Tried everything and for me a cut down screen works.

Attachments

Bike
2007 ST1300
Check out my avatar pic to the left. Load out is for a four-day trip to the Texas Hill country. However, the load out is the same for a fourteen day trip. Usually don't cook, but I do have a Jet-boil for morning coffee and also carry a few freeze-dried emergency rations. Only other addition is if I decide to take the dog. She goes in a modified barrel bag bungeed on top of the grey colored dry bag that carries all (repeat - ALL) my camping gear.

Jim

Finewest

R.I.P. - 2018/09/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST-less
STOC #
Picture of the oldest granddaughter at campsite in Black Hills, Yellowstone, and loaded bike at a stop along the way. Looked like the Beverly Hillbillys, but bike handled well and the multivex mirrors made rear vision acceptable. Our clothes are in the panniers, tent-sleeping bags-thermarests are in the big bag on rack, cold weather gear-electric liners-street shoes-misc gear in second bag, wet weather gear-first aid kit-tools-paperwork in tank bag, cell phones and chargers in fairing boxes.
From that second pic I see, and bet, you do a lot of WHEELIES! :crackup

Bike
2007 ST1300
Inquiring minds want to know, what does your camping gear consist of?
Eureka XLT two-man tent. Packable cot, Big Agnes system, an extra fleece bag, Jet-boil stove, coffee cup. coffee. collapsible soft cooler. LED lights. This all goes in the grey waterproof bag on the pillion.

Clothing, including extra sweater or sweat shirt and extra shoes go in the side cases (I have side case liners to make packing easy) I also put the air pump and patch/plug kit in one of these.

Top case holds miscellaneous stuff like extra face shield. Manuals for a couple of ham radios, a small Toshiba netbook for checking email, etc., and rain gear. There's a little room left there for whatever.

I also have a small tank bag for wallet, keys, device wall-rats and other small stuff.
A small tool kit straps on under the back topcase rack.
That's it.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Latest CattHouseCamping pic, with two added bikes (Digiamo and Steve), taken somewhere in remote Mexico last week:
DSCF8452.jpg

Mine is on the left with the spare tire. Been carrying if for about 5000 miles, lots of exercise carrying it in an out of hotels/motels but starting to look like the old one may get me all the way to back to Nashville.

Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour
I know it's not acceptable or what you are looking for, but here is my old bike loaded for camping.:p:

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
I haven't packed my ST yet for a camping trip. But that's coming up later this month.

Here's my previous ride fitted for a camping trip. Sleeping bag and Thermo-Rest pad go in the yellow dry-bag on the seat, small cooler for the Diet Cokes and cold snacks/food, and camp stool go on the back seat held with cargo net and bungee cords. Clothes and some food in top-case (Givi e52). Tent, ground cloth (I use some Tyvek house wrap cut to size, works great), some tools, shoes to use while at the campsite, misc. other stuff in the storage under the seat (55 liters!). Rain suit, water bottle, and other stuff for quick access in the "tank" bag (tunnel bag).

2007 CMA State Rally & Campout 005a.jpg

And before that bike, here is my GW ready for a camping trip. I used to carry way too much stuff just because I could.

Niehaus trip 2004 014.jpg

Last edited:

DAS

STOC #
I packed a tent and sleeping bag for 2 weeks, 6000 miles, 11 nights on the ground (plus 3 at my mom and dad's). Notice any difference between this and post #128? Hint: Beauty is only skin deep.

Last edited:
Top Bottom