Show me pics of your fully loaded out (for camping) bike

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
My earlier post showed my earlier bikes fitted out for camping. This is my current ST1100 packed for the last camping trip last fall, The Davis Rally.
Clothes and toiletries in the Givi liner in the top case. Tools, compressor, tire patch kit, extra water for the ride, rain gear, riding jacket liner all in the right saddle bag. Snacks, more water bottles (I sometimes get thirsty), Alite Butterfly camp chair, tent pegs, walking shoes, DC power cords to recharge phone and pda when needed (power port in right fairing pocket), and other misc stuff in left saddle bag. Sleeping bag, tent, Thermarest 2" pad, and cooler on back seat (all but the cooler have separate dry bags). Tank bag holds one water bottle, wallet, paper maps to assist GPS when needed, quick snacks (I get hungry while riding too).

100_2172.JPG

Now I have a polar bear cooler that will pack flat until I arrive at campsite so will be able to somewhat reduce what is on the seat. Maybe just put the tent poles in the dry bag (or not) and squeeze the tent into a saddle bag and relocate or leave out a few other things... eventually. Then again I will soon be pulling a camper trailer. I PLAN to not carry any more than I do now but you know how that goes. :grin:

Last edited:
Bike
ST1300
I got tired of living with the huge bag and setting up and down so I picked up a used Leesurlite Trailer. I used it 5 times the first year and twice so far this year. Weather has been a lot more scary in Arkansas this year but I'm planning a trip to California for white water rafting with my family that should be great fun. This ST is long gone. Traded at 132,000 miles for an '09 that had been sitting at the dealer...9 miles on it.

Attachments

Last edited:
Here is my standard set up if it is a 2 day or a 10 day trip. I have a sissy bar bag that holds my clothes ( left over from a previous time and bike). Red dry bag has my sleeping bag. sheet for the air mattress. Yellow bag holds my air mattress, pump, tent and spare tarp. Saddlebags have rain gear, spare helmet visor, and small misc. I try to pack my saddle bags light so that I can lock up more valiable stuff like tank bag with camera and phone.

Attachments

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
Updated photo for my loaded bike for camping.
Not so much on the back seat any more.
100_3087.JPG

Now, to just eliminate half of what can fit in this thing so it's not so full.

Last edited:

kieth

Autocom
My bike looks the same whether I am camping or not camping. small rear nylon bag for riding gear, left side case for clothing, right side case for camping gear......

Tank bag for gloves, glasses..........here is a picture of my camping gear, includes 40 degree bag, 2 man tent, stove, fuel, cookset, silverware, lantern, air mattress fits easily in right side case (I even put it in a dirt bag on 1 side of the 625 KTM)

http://kieth.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Camping-Gear/13362359_GhQK8#971687433_FSXkb-X2-LB

The real trick is learning how to pack and getting the correct camping equipment......(back packing stuff--light and small)

Bike
2007 ST1300
Here is the ST in Huntsville State Park, Huntsville, TX about an hour and a half after negotiating heavy thunder storms in downtown Houston while heading from Galveston Island to Denton, TX. I used the state park restroom to change into dry clothes and drain my boots. Based on what I saw I will try to camp here in the future.

Attachments

Bike
ST1300
my new '09 with the Leesurlite on some pass between Farmington, NM and Taos, in the tail end of a 3-week trip from Shreveport to Sacremento and home again. Spent four days camping near the American River in Sacremento and came home thru Tahoe, Bryce, GC and a couple of days near Taos Riding.

Attachments

Yogi

Have MC -- Will Travel
Bike
Honda GL1800
STOC #

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Here she is loaded up for a 17 day trip. I have a Motofizz Medium with all of my camping equipment loaded and a Pico Chair secured underneath the top flap of the bag. On this trip I used a web strap under the luggage rack and looped it through the web loops on top of the Motofizz to keep the bag from shifting forward when braking and riding. This worked great and will be utilized on all future trips. Before, I would have to push the bag to the rear often as it would lean on me when riding.

Contents of Motofizz bag (expanded on both sides):
Sleeping bag (Sierra Designs 20 degree mummy - LiteLoft)
Tent w/ rainfly in seperate bag (Eureka Pinnacle Pass 2XT)
LuxryLite cot
Thermarest pad
Pee bottle (32 oz. indoor bathroom for my tent - wide mouth of course)
inflatable pillow
Alaskan Sheepskin Pad when not in use

Saddlebags:
Clothes
Heated gear (Gerbings jacket)
Toiletries

Tank bag (Cortech T-429):
Gloves
Camera
Maps
Water bottle

Mike

Bike
2004 ST1300ABS
STOC #
Much earlier in this thread i asked about a tow hitch etc...
After all the help I received I got it all together and...
Now I can really tour with a 6ft trailer... :D
This trip was just over a 1,000 miles and 4 months long... :D:D
Too easy...and much fun :D:D:D

Attachments

Bike
2004 ST1300ABS
STOC #
Da Ace nice looking trailer,,
What kind of hitch did you settle for, Got any good pictures of it,,,
I am taking off on a two week trip to Colorado with the wife Aug 12th, Just build a large area on front of the quick Camp to haul more stuff,,
I will post a picture of my contraption in a few days,,
1st trip of the year, Got to get out of this Texas heat.....
Talk about loaded, I am going to have stuff piled 10 foot high, LOL
Mike
Hi Mike. Actually made my own tow hitch and used a "Flexible" coupling on the trailer (rotates for cornering when bike leans but trailer does not)...

Posted in: https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?92456-Towing-a-6-ft-trailer/page2

BROCCOLI

GOD I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS !
Bike
03 ST 1100-P
STOC #
THIS IS HOW I DROVE ALL THE WAY BACK FROM L.A. CA TO MINNESOTA 2,200 MILES + ACROSS HWY 40 TO OKLAHOMA CITY THEN NORTH TO MINN. FROM ALBUQUERQUE N.M. TO OKLAHOMA CITY 400+ MILES THERE WAS TALL TRUCK HIGH WIND TIPPING WARNINGS,:wind1: I SAW NO LESS THAN 6 SEMI TRACTOR TRAILERS ON THEIR SIDES IN THE DITCHES. . . HOW BAD WAS IT REALLY ? ? ?
WELL,40 M.P.H. SUSTAINED WINDS WITH 50 - 60 WIND:twist1: GUSTS & YES I WAS AVERAGING 80 MPH (10 OVER POSTED 60MPH LIMIT) & IT WAS GLORIOUS !
I FOUND OUT, AFTER I GOT BACK, FROM TWO SEPARATE SOURCES WHAT I DISCOVERED ON MY OWN , THE FASTER YOU RIDE THE LESS INFLUENCE THE SIDE WINDS HAVE ON YOU EVEN WITH THAT SAIL ON THE BACK THAT T ALL WIND SCREEN SURE HELPED OUT TOO . IT WAS JUT LIKE A GYROSCOPE REALLY FUN ! ON THE TOLL ROAD I CAUGHT THE TAIL FEATHERS OF NOT ONE BUT TWO 1 TON CREW CAB DUALLY S DOING 90 MPH FOR MOST OF THE KS. TOLL WAY, APPROX 100 MILES + AVG.
MAKES FOR A FASTER TRIP BUT DEFINITELY BRINGS DOWN THE M.P.G. BY ABOUT 10 PER MILE . . .
I GUESS THE TOTAL WEIGHT OF THE PACK BUNDLE CLOSE TO 80-100 LBS:wht11: THAT WOOD PLATFORM WAS WELL SUPPORTED BY PO PO BRACKETS & SOME I PUT ON TWORD THE FRONT I THOUGHT IT DEFINITELY HAD A BEVERLY HILL BILLIES LOOK TO HER ALL IT NEEDED WAS GRANNY'S ROCKIN CHAIR UP ON TOP THERE . . . T.C.
P.S. I DONT BELIEVE I EVEN CAME CLOSE TO SEEING SOMETHING LIKE THIS SO FAR IN ANY OF THE OTHER POSTS ...JUST SEND THE PRIZE PACKAGE TO T.C. OSSEO MN :p:

Attachments

DAS

STOC #
I don't travel big or heavy, but then I only camp and then head for the nearest restaurant for breakfast. 7500 miles in 2-1/2 weeks. Packed the rear tire as far as my brothers in Michigan. I'm dutch and didn't want to leave a couple of thousand miles on it.

Three weeks and about 9,000 miles into a five week, 12,000 mile trip. SoCal, north of the Grapevine.

I got into the habit on super long trips of carrying a roll of trash bags with me, and putting them over the dry bags and cinching/bungy-ing them down. It's amazing how dirty, oily, grimy, buggy, bird poopy, and dusty they get on extended trips, esp if your route involves non paved portions of roadway, and it's a cheap, easy way to keep the bags and gear clean and dry. I just change covers as needed along the way and pitch the old ones (in an appropriate receptacle, of course).

Attachments

Top Bottom