Show me pics of your fully loaded out (for camping) bike

Terminator2

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300
This was taken in Idaho (with WAY too much crap)
That's nothing. A couple years back, I ran into a Beemer rider traveling the country. Looked like a 3 story building. I kick myself for not taking a pic. I don't know how wind didn't take him in California. haha. Nice guy. I'll never load like he did. Kudos to his bravery? heh

Sharpes, Florida , formally, Nevada City, CA
Bike
GL1800, ST1300
STOC #
I'm not a smart man......but......sure looks like a Best Western Lifetime booking.
I pulled a Camping trailer for a couple of years but decided I didn't really need it after a trip from Nevada City to Glacier National Park and only using it once.

Attachments

Down at the Big Bend Natl Park a couple months before Covid. That is the Rio Grande looking muddy and small down there. On the oilhead RT I need to turn my massive tail bag sideways to make the mirrors useful. Hoping to go in that direction again this Xmas. If you remember the brutal cold in the middle of the country this pas Xmas, I needed to fly/rent/ride out of Pheonix. Furthest south was Organ Pipe Natl onument. Without trying to be political, the massive wall there was pretty ugly in comparison to the desert scenery. But honestly I was spending more time looking at the terrain ahead of my front wheel since an Fjr1300 is not really the best desert dirt road bike. Shiny side stayed up!1226190820 (1).jpg

I have a flexible setup for 2up and solo. I have a 10mm ply plate that slots onto the top box plate and has bolts that drop through this allows me to carry large loads in place of the heavy when empty top box. Takes my bigger 4.1 arpenaz walk in black out tent. Below the number plate I have a shelf that holds about a 40L drybag with strap on number plate. When riding solo I have a 90L eurohike transit bag perfect fit across the back seat with rok straps instead. This hold sleeping bag airbed and 2 person 2 second quechua tent £130 that has a frame with a pull strap. Lift the tent out the bag pull a strap each end tent is up add 6 pegs. just used it at a rally and it's stupid quick. Problem is now I want to start taking a cheap tog 15 single duvet so really should have bought the 120L bag for £50. Toying with putting a 40cm plastic ring in the middle of the bag as a backrest. It's nice having my whole setup in one carry bag. Both tents are blackout. Got the smaller one as its hard to dry the 14ft bigger ones in my flat and preferred the fast up for bad weather

Attachments

Sorry the previous picture just shows both shelves not the packed bags. I toyed with getting a 3ft wide legal limit flat trailer and building a 4.6ft wide camper to strap on top because we have trailer limits but not load limits but don't have Anywhere to store it.

Attachments

Top Bottom