Show me pics of your fully loaded out (for camping) bike

OneSided

Panda Racer Extraordinare
Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
I packed a tent and sleeping bag for 2 weeks, 6000 miles, 11 nights on the ground (plus 3 at my mom and dad's). Notice any difference between this and post #128? Hint: Beauty is only skin deep.
Nice...:rd11:.......:bl11:

Bike
2007 ST1300
Loaded for Big Bend in May. Unfortunately mechanical problems with a friends Concours kept us from getting south of Alpine. I really want to go back this winter.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
I gotta do an update:
IMG_1487.jpg

That's the new single-wheel trailer on the back of lipSTick. From the rear foward:
Tool box;
Kitchen;
Bed room;
Closet.

And a spare tar, just in case. (Didn't need it on the way home but it was close.)

Trailer weighs ~40 lbs, load another 60 or so. Tongue weight ~20 lbs so actually lightened the load on the bike quite a bit. Much easier to do 2-up this way though haven't done it yet.

Also, the empty trailer (once camp is set up) will be a great boon to grocery shopping and fire wood transport. :D

Phartz

Pat Thompson
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
That's the new single-wheel trailer on the back of lipSTick. From the rear foward:
Tool box;
Kitchen;
Bed room;
Closet.

And a spare tar, just in case. (Didn't need it on the way home but it was close.)

Trailer weighs ~40 lbs, load another 60 or so. Tongue weight ~20 lbs so actually lightened the load on the bike quite a bit. Much easier to do 2-up this way though haven't done it yet.

Also, the empty trailer (once camp is set up) will be a great boon to grocery shopping and fire wood transport. :D

And here I thought the Clampett's drove an ol' peekup truck!!?? :D :confused: :D

:06biker: :06biker: :06biker:

Bike
ST1300
here's mine. a 2001 Leesurlite camper. All the stuff packs into the camper or front/back cases. bought it this jan from a gentleman in Western Ok and have had it out 4 times this year. Much better than sleeping on the ground.

Attachments

Bike
ST1300
The tent and gear are not in a waterproof bag. Should I get one for the tent?

Since everything else fits in the luggage, should I be paranoid and get dry bags for the bag, mattress, and clothing?

Your Tent can get wet without any problem. I put my clothes in a plastic garbage bag because my panniers leak a little in very heavy rain. Always have dry clothes. Never put your sleeping bag where it'll get wet.

Bike
2004 ST1300 ABS
Here is a picture of my fully loaded bike on a recent trip. I removed the top box and strapped/bungeed two dry bags to the bike. One dry bag contained my Eureka tent, sleeping bag, and air mattress. The other dry bag contained heated clothing, frogg toggs, wet weather gloves, misc tools, air compressor, flat tire stuff (slime, plugs, tire tools), small stove, pots, and anything else that didn't fit in my side bags.

I also used a larger tank bag for my netbook and other misc stuff.

Attachments

Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
this is my 94 st11 ready and on the way to "thunder in the highlands"in cape breton july 30 2010
Hey JJ....We met you at the campground in baddeck. I was with another ST1100(red) and a cruiser and sport bike on our way to Newfoundland.

Bike
2005 ST1300
DSCN1981websmall.jpg October 2010 Europe clockwise:Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, Switzerland, France, Italy, Monaco, Andorra and Spain. 9 Days 3500 miles one up.

With only me on the bike, all my camping gear fit in top box and bags. Camping was fun however trying to sleep while a bear is wandering around the tent is gets a little tense. It's not going to do you much good to run to the motorbike for safety. Also trying to break camp in the pouring rain is a logistical nightmare. Cheap hotels are a good alternative to camping.

BamaRider

Guy
STOC #
here's mine. a 2001 Leesurlite camper. All the stuff packs into the camper or front/back cases. bought it this jan from a gentleman in Western Ok and have had it out 4 times this year. Much better than sleeping on the ground.
hortok is awesome.

Top Bottom