Its been six months....

My heart aches for your loss. I can not imagine what it must be like to loose such a part or your life. It's no consolation knowing that she died doing something she loved and worked hard to do.

I have 3 daughters, middle one rides her own bike and the youngest that rides pillion with me. It's a great fear that I have when they are riding, but they share their love for riding with me.

She rides on....

Doug,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. As a father with two daughters in their mid-20's I can relate to your loss. No parent should have to go through the pain and sorrow of losing a child. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

John

I am so sorry to hear of your loss....how you were able to read that poem at a service is beyond me...I tear up just sitting here reading it thinking of my daughter. May you enjoy the happy memories you shared with her.

I've been beaten, shot at, fought, crashed, dealt with disease, had indescribable pain, but reading that poem was the single, most difficult thing, I have ever had to do...but had to, at least for my own sanity.

God forbid I EVAH have to do that again.......

Doug

I don't have any fancy words Doug, but I have a heart, and it really aches for you and yours.
Prayers for peace are said.

I've been beaten, shot at, fought, crashed, dealt with disease, had indescribable pain, but reading that poem was the single, most difficult thing, I have ever had to do...but had to, at least for my own sanity.

I don't know how you could have possibly read that poem Doug?? I know I wouldn't have been able to do it. R.I.P. Athene......

Doug, that poem is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Well done.
And amen to your words - may you never, ever, ever have to do anything like that again.

Patty

It's a tuff go for all of us. In my case, soon will be 18 years. Never easy.

Condolences, Doug (and Don, and Jeanette, and all the others all over who have lost a child.)

Every so often I find myself at a loss for words. Like now. I am so deeply sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry for your loss. I have no words to convey the feelings.

Doug, I think a lot of both you and Dana. My heart goes out to you....I can't imagine... Come back east soon.

Another parent suffers needlessly I dont know what to say as others have said no parent should have to lose a child in this way and I would like to say such a beautiful happy looking woman. I can only hope that by sharing with the people on the forum that your pain may be minisculy lowered and hopefully the lowlife that committed the crime gets his comeuppance that I will pray for. Deepest and heartfelt prayers from this side of the pond. Cheers Wullie D

Back
Top Bottom