Boots boots? what do you wear??

Bike
1&2&3-2005 ST1300ABS
2024 Miles
STOC #
Re: Fine Italian Leather

That is the exact opposite of my experience. Will never buy a spaghetti anything again.
I wear the same brand as Valentino Rossi.
I think they are Itailian, but say that they are made in Romania.
These Dainese boots are like walking around in slippers, so comfortable.

I've also have the Alpinestars Gore Tex boots when riding in wet weather and black dress cowboy like ones.

Just picked up some SHIFT brand hi top sneaker like boots last year. They feel good, just not a lot of protection.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Hey T_C. Do you mean Grand Torino?
Yep, that's the one. GoreTex layered.

I heard they were being discontinued, I should probably buy another pair but these are not wearing out so it might be money I leave just sitting on the shelf.
I replaced the soles once, need to do it again.

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
I wear Sidi OnRoads and Sidi Adventure Goretex. Both are waterproof and all day comfortable. I find walking around in them comfortable as well. Added benefit is that they can be resoled for about $100.

Rod

Bike
'06 ST 1300
STOC #
I got some alpine star new land gore tex boots a couple years ago. I don't do a lot of walking in them because they ( so will any other boot ) will bother my knees so I carry my rockports for that task

Bike
R1200rt
These (see below). They are really comfortable (stiff at first) fit true to sizing and are waterproof without being plastic bags. I love them.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tcx-x-five-wp-boots

Mike D.
I was up in the air between the x-5, tourmaster and some icon boot. So I called revz they recommended the t/m and said there was little difference between t/m and x5 except the price.

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
I bought a pair of BMW Allround GoreTex touring boots a couple of years ago and really like them. I need a wide fit boot and was surprised to find they were cheaper than TCX GoreTex lined boots. Made in Romania I think, if that makes a difference to anyone. No propeller on them so they're safe to wear to your local (or not so local) STOC event. :)

Bike
2018 GL1800 Airbag
STOC #
Daytona M-Stars. Raises me up an inch and 1/4. I added a 1 inch insole. Love em. Goretex boots made in Germany. I bought them from a european vendor and shipped them over here. The height helps me handle the ST.

Bike
2001 st1100
They are bulky and heavy, but the protection is the best. When I'm riding, I want protection, when I'm going to take a long hike, I change shoes( they still very confi to walk around tho)

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
My TCX X-Fives are getting long in the tooth, good boots. Bought some Bates tactical boots with side zipper/Goretex. Most comfy boots I've had all day long, but 9" high as opposed to 10-11". SWAT brand is very similar.

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Most comfy boots I've had all day long, but 9" high as opposed to 10-11". SWAT brand is very similar.
I have had those boots for the last 3 or 4 years and I agree with the all day comfort, plus they are water tight construction includes GoreTex.

Gerhard

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Re: Fine Italian Leather

The best motorcycle boot IMHO is the Matterhorn made in the US. http://www.corcoranandmatterhorn.com/
A friend who passed recently was an 82nd All-American who swore by Corcoran boots and wore them (except for Class A times) his entire 30 year career as a local cop. They were lace up but he had a zipper sewn in. He said the 101st had a special way of lacing their boots but I don't remember if the 82nd did. Great guy.

So I took a look at the Matterhorn line-up and there are a lot to choose from:
http://www.corcoranandmatterhorn.com/Category.asp?CategoryID=33

The toe box on those looks like shifting could be a problem. I still have an old pair of Bates boots that zip and except for the height look more like shoes than boots.

Bike
03 St1300A
I bought a pair of Alpinestars Web Gore-Tex, very comfortable and all leather. Got them last fall and they aren't even broken in yet. We shall see...

I would recommend Altberg boots all day and everyday not cheap but really good quality and service.

tmills

Site Supporter
Bike
2000 ST1100
STOC #
Older pair of Joe Rocket I'm going to have to reseal the around the soles I think, but they work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

carpdm

Site Supporter
STOC #
I also have a wide foot and high instep. I've been wearing a pair of Rockport boots for 7 years. Completely waterproof and all day comfort for riding and walking.

Top Bottom