Boots boots? what do you wear??

Bike
2007 ST1300abs
STOC #
TCX brand (formerly known as OXTAR, there was some kind of name infringement thing so they changed the name of the company).
I have two pairs: The Matrix something or other GT Matrix ? Gortex lined completely dry, very comfortable and very fast to put on or off with a vertical zipper on the ankle. High quality leather, well made, armor in all the impt. locations. Fit my high instep and somewhat wide size 13 feet really good. These get a bit warm in temps over 85/90 but still wearable even then.

And now their new Air version. Very similar features to the Matrix but with breathable panels...still Gortex lined but with that newest type of Gortex that breathes even better than the older Gortex. Excellent boot for hotter days. You can actually feel the air on your feet...some...not too much by any means. Comfortable down to about 70 degrees without thicker socks. Highly recommed them both.

Bike
2005 ST1300
Oxtar Matrix Gore-Tex (Gen 1). Lots of protection, very comfortable, genuinely waterproof. I'd buy them again, though I'd have to see the Gen 2 model first.

Check www.NewEnough.com for boots.
+1..
I've had these since 2006. BEATEN them badly, dragged them, thrown them etc etc...I've had the sole re-glued and 2 large paper clips now take the place of the gone zipper pull. But they have stood the test of time, mileage (100K)and abuse in all weather and they are still hanging in there.. (although they are overdue to be replaced). I will buy these again if the Gen 2 is similar.

(I gave the same beating previously to a pair of Alpinestars and they didnt last a whole season. Never again)

Bike
2003 ST1300
Alpinestars Web Goretex. Very comfortable on the bike and for walking. Not real expensive and I like the look of 'em.

Brian
+1 on the Alpinstars Web Goretex. I've had mine for 10 years and they are still going strong. Last year I got a pair of Sidi Fusion Rain's, and they are good but very stiff to walk in. I like the Sidi's but when I head out the door to commute I always reach for the old reliable Alpinestars. Could just be a simple case of getting the new boots broken in but I don't remember my Alpinestars being so stiff out of the box. The other thing is that eventhough both of these boots are waterproof, the Alpinestars are much warmer in colder weather but not overly hot in warmer weather due to the breathability of the Goretex.

Attachments

Bike
2008 ST1300
STOC #
I did 5 years as a lineman for Bellsouth (now AT+T )(dont get me started) and have always worn either Redwings or Justin Steel toes.

When I came back to motorcycling I decided to see if I could finally wear these things out. No luck so far.....

Kelly Cox

SilverSTreak II
Sidi Tour Rains....have worn them for about 2 years and can't seem to wear them out. Have a spare pair in the box still, but no need to break them out yet. Very comfortable whether walking or riding.

JPKalishek

Armadillo Kicker
Bike
2 '91 ST 1100
Fly Milepost rains, Joe Rocket Velocity shorties with highly modified toe sliders (lots of epoxy and steel wire for wear) and Built Trackstar summer boots.
I almost never wear the Fly waterproofs. Hard zippers.
The Joes are quick and easy to get on of off, and protect the ankle from knocks well for being a shorty.
The Builts I've only worn a few times and I cracked the toe slider. My fault. Fit nice.

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
Got lucky and came across some Alpinestar Web Gortex boots for $149 at Yamaha Suzuki of Cool Springs in Franklin, TN today. Fantastic price for a good boot with a gortex liner, these are normally $239! If you are in need of a pair of good boots and can't get by the store in Franklin you can find them on Ebay by searching for "Alpinestar Web Gortex boots", they may have your size left.

Top Bottom