Has anyone here on the forum caught the Coronavirus yet?

amorley

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 BMW K1600GTS
2024 Miles
SPOT
LINK
The article below shows the importance of self isolation as the only way to flatten the infection curve so our health systems are not overwhelmed.

The WHO has been publishing these recommendations for years. These ideas are not new, they date back to the 1300's when the black death / bubonic plague killed one third of Europe's population.

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
All 50 States now have at least 1 case or more I work on an Army Base we have just been told we have had our first confirmed case and several presumptive cases but the General will not close the base at this time. I have 2 people in my building that have been tested. No results yet.

Bike
2002 ST1300A
STOC #
My social distancing went through the roof this week.

Since Monday, I've been working from home and not needed to go out to the shops etc.

Think I'll die of loneliness first.

Last edited:

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Anyone ever read The White Plague by Frank Herbert? Good book similar to current events. The troubling part is his description of government collapse.
IIRC: Loved the ending, still get a smile when reminded of it and I really don't want the same result of the infection!

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Here are a couple of sites for Covid19 tracking...

Bike
2010 Honda ST13
My daughter sent us an article from Stanford University. Besides the symptoms you read about, one of the best indicators they mentioned was when you woke up in the morning, take a deep breath and hold it for 10 seconds. If you can do that without coughing, you still don't have it.

My wife (who has had asthma all her life) says she can't do that when healthy. But you should be able to know what your baseline performance is and note when it changes.

Chris
Not only is that wrong, but it's also dangerous should anyone happen to actually believe it.

You should probably consider correcting your post or maybe even deleting it.

OP
OP
CYYJ

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
My daughter sent us an article ... one of the best indicators they mentioned was when you woke up in the morning, take a deep breath and hold it for 10 seconds. If you can do that without coughing, you still don't have it.
I heard more or less the same thing, but it was expressed differently:

"If you wake up in the morning and find that you are still alive, then you probably don't have it." :biggrin:

Michael

KTD1911

R.I.P. - 2020/10/13
Rest In Peace
Bike
2018 can am spyderf3
So bottom line back to original question. Does anyone on this site knowingly have the virus

Bike
Honda ST1300 Pan-Eur
We have been on strict lockdown here in Spain since last Saturday. All schools, bars, restaurants and retail shops are closed. Food shops are open and, after initial panic buying, now calm. We cannot leave the house other than to care for children, the elderly and/or disabled, shop for essential food supplies, go to the bank, medical appointments, gasoline stations and certain other specified locations. When travelling by car you must be alone, with a few exceptions. When you go shopping you must be alone We cannot walk in the street except alone (or to walk a dog) and then only for those specified purposes (you cannot go out for exercise purposes). Police patrols are stopping vehicles and pedestrians and questioning them, they have been fining, and in some cases, arresting transgressors. Fines range from €600 to €30000. All hotels will be closed from 24 March and tourists have been advised to return home (if they can get a flight). Land borders are closed for incomers, except Spanish nationals or residents, but are still open to exit the country. Airports are closed for national flights but, at the moment, open for international flights.

It was initially for a 15 day period, but undoubtedly it will be extended.

Cases of the virus are still rising, as are deaths. At the moment, none of our family has any symptoms and we do not know anyone who has any symptoms.

Bike
2002 ST1300A
STOC #
So bottom line back to original question. Does anyone on this site knowingly have the virus
The wife came home from work (high school teacher) early, with early signs of a fever.

Knowingly? No. Possibly? Yep. If she has it, I already do.

EDIT: I haven't been panic buying, but I do have a good stock of whisky's... More bottles than I have toilet roll, come to think of it. I'm sure I'll be grand.

If so, perhaps you (or your executor) could share your experience with the rest of us - what was it like, what were the first indications to cause you to think you had it, how long did it take to get over it, etc.

Michael
Michael,
There are more informative places to find out these things rather than this website.
Regards,
Graham Watson

STOC #
What bothers me the most is next week’s scheduled Spring Break with my 13yo granddaughter and my 85yo mother. Been looking forward to it. Now, even the simplest pleasure is a risk. Too great a risk maybe.

Bike
F900 XR
2024 Miles
What bothers me the most is next week’s scheduled Spring Break with my 13yo granddaughter and my 85yo mother. Been looking forward to it. Now, even the simplest pleasure is a risk. Too great a risk maybe.
Personally, I'd say it is too great a risk. My 92 yr old father-in-law wanted to go to Urgent Care for a problem with his foot. Normally, it'd be no big deal. But now, you can bet the waiting area is filled with people with the virus. At his age, he'd pick it up and pass it to the mother-in-law. Within two weeks, we'd be making funeral arrangements.

And your 13 year old could easily be carrying the virus and showing no signs.

Chris

Top Bottom