Has anyone here on the forum caught the Coronavirus yet?

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Old people in nursing homes are going to take a big hit.
There, fixed it for you.

John
The wife came home from work (high school teacher) early, with early signs of a fever.

Knowingly? No. Possibly? Yep. If she has it, I already do.

EDIT: I haven't been panic buying, but I do have a good stock of whisky's... More bottles than I have toilet roll, come to think of it. I'm sure I'll be grand.
When I was a youngster in diapers, my dad invented the redneck bidet. The nozzle is optional.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Police patrols are stopping vehicles and pedestrians and questioning them, they have been fining, and in some cases, arresting transgressors.
What do they do with people they arrest? You cannot put them in jail w/o testing and they probably don't have enough places to quarantine them.

but I do have a good stock of whisky's... More bottles than I have toilet roll, come to think of it. I'm sure I'll be grand.
I've heard about this rational for a cure for the common cold. Since alcohol kills germs, simply keep your throat bathed in good whiskey until the symptoms cease. Keep on sipping.

Bike
Honda ST1300 Pan-Eur
What do they do with people they arrest? You cannot put them in jail w/o testing and they probably don't have enough places to quarantine them.
They put them in front of a court. I believe that people are arrested having committed more serious breaches, like persistently refusing to comply. The courts have the power to implement swingeing fines and imprisonment. I don't know anything about the current procedure regarding ingress into prisons.

OP
OP
CYYJ

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
There are more informative places to find out these things rather than this website.
That is true, for sure, but this website is certainly the most pleasant and most uplifting place to hang around during these times when we are all doing our self-isolation thing and waiting for times to get better.

I have good internet access where I am in Africa, and I check for useful news on all the appropriate websites (local, BBC, US CDC, etc.), but ST-Owners.com is where I go when I want to stay in touch with friends and get cheered up.

Michael

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
I have good internet access where I am in Africa, and I check for useful news on all the appropriate websites (local, BBC, US CDC, etc.), but ST-Owners.com is where I go when I want to stay in touch with friends and get cheered up.

Michael
Great way to stay in touch when you can't see your friends in person. Social distancing at it's best (plus social inclusion as well)

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
Michael, I just heard on the news that a local woman is stuck in Guatemala. Same situation, as you. Border of Guatemala is closed both in/out of the country, and embassy can’t help her. I guess there are many travelers the same situation as you, although you seem to be handling it well.

I don’t guess your hotel needs a security guard, while they’re closed, do they? You could always offer your services.

John

Bike
VStrom 650
Not me (thank the man above) but my nephews wife has it good and proper. They live in Northumberland too but about 25 miles south of us. She is through the worst of it hopefully but it sounds like she suffered, "it felt like I was eating broken glass for two days and so hot my clothes were drenched in sweat".
She'll need an extra Easter Egg for sure.
All the family are self quarantined, my nephew and two young boys.
It's getting closer........
Upt'North.

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
We always preferred the white cobs instead of the red cobs as they were easier to determine the degree of usage ... :biggrin:
I've heard that it was two red cobs followed by one white cob, but the Texas Hill Country was more monkey ward territory.

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
I remember the monkey ward catalog in grannies outhouse. Damn those glossy pages.
I’m really dating myself here, but I remember the grandparents’ two-holer very well. And the Sears catalog pages. Especially after the soft papers the peaches were wrapped in from canning season ran out. They did leave a bit of purple stain but we didn’t care. :) The 40 yard path to the little “house” through 18” of snow was a narrow one-way. By the time you got there you sometimes forgot why you ventured out. Grampa and Gramma got to use a “thundermug” (which was my brother‘s and my job to empty).:eek:

Herein ends today’s history lesson.

John

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
John - We called the old chamber pot a 'slop jar' - and for good reason! :biggrin:

City folks don't know what stress is -
You just make it to the house out back cause you ate too many green apples.
When you settle in, you happen to look up and see the big red wasp nest on your side of the door and they ain't happy cause of your rapid entrance.
You can't go and you can't stay ...
Now that's STRESS!

Bike
F900 XR
2024 Miles
I went to the Philippines on a mission trip a couple years ago. The group shares the Gospel with men and women in jails and prisons. The overcrowding is incredible and the sanitary conditions are worse than Uncle Phil's outhouse. Anyway, on mission trips, it isn't uncommon for me to get my digestive tract out of sync.

Anyway, we went to this large prison. I forgot my TP in the room, and collected whatever the others had which wasn't much at all. I found the toilet. An outhouse would've been preferrable. There was a toilet. No seat. No running water. That toilet was used by hundreds of men...and never cleaned. Anyway, I used it and used some water from a bucket to flush it.

Right after I finished, my friend Mark also had to desperately use the toilet. This time, there was no TP. Just a left hand. And that bucket of water.

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
I’m really dating myself here, but I remember the grandparents’ two-holer very well. And the Sears catalog pages. Especially after the soft papers the peaches were wrapped in from canning season ran out. They did leave a bit of purple stain but we didn’t care. :) The 40 yard path to the little “house” through 18” of snow was a narrow one-way. By the time you got there you sometimes forgot why you ventured out. Grampa and Gramma got to use a “thundermug” (which was my brother‘s and my job to empty).:eek:

Herein ends today’s history lesson.

John
I remember three old men at the family gathering heading into the four holer. The funny part was watching their exit after seeing the rattlesnake. Rule one, never drop trou until you are sure there are no snakes.
See there was entertainment before television.

Top Bottom