• Start with a City beginning with A
    • This is BY STATE
    • Similar to the Tag contest, there will be one thread per state
    • Post a picture of your bike AND some sign, building etc which clearly shows the city/state you're in
    • The next person posts from a city with the name beginning with B, then C, D, etc
    • You can't posts back-to-back pics, you have to wait for a person to post the next city
    • Once Z is reached, the game starts over with A
    • If your state doesn't have a city beginning with the next letter in sequence, it's okay to skip that letter
    • If the location sits for more than one month, the person that posted that is open to move it to the next letter.

The World Wide game is a bit different as it is by whatever is considered a geographic type of regional category, state/province/village etc. and all those will be in the single World Wide A-Z topic.

QC: A to Z (Round 2)

OP
OP
ChriSTian_64

ChriSTian_64

Site Supporter
Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
Nicely done Andrew.
Did you take the 364, from Morin-Heights ?
A fun twisty road, but a bit dangerous.

Yeah.... feel a bit lazy today... it's a day off after all... My wife had her second shot of pfizer yesterday and she is a bit Knock Out today. I haven't had my second dose yet, but feel a bit the same.

Plus... I'm planning for an "I".
There is Ivry-sur-le-lac, just after Ste-Agathe. That might be the closest one for me.
Could be there in just a bit more than an hour. That could be a perfect evening ride. ;-)

There is also Inverness, in the Drummondville area, a place that I would like to explore. But, I'm hesitating to go too far with my ST, since I have that coolant smell. I need to investigate that further. It probably comes from under the carbs. I will have a look with my small inspection camera.

Last night I downloaded and install Garmin Basecamp. I can now view and create gpx files, but discovered that the small garmin nuvi (260w) that I bougth second hand on craiglist last fall, cannot upload routes, only waypoints. Or... I can upload routes to the gps memory, but then, cannot open them from the menu, only follow the routes calculated from the unit.

So, I will try to find another 2nd hand gps, for less than a hundred. I think it is really usefull to follow a route that you have carefully created, or a route downloaded from a friend.

Last edited:

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Did you take the 364, from Morin-Heights ?
Yes and no. I only took it for a few miles to get to Lost River / Rivière Perdue.
GPX file attached if you want to play with it to get used to BaseCamp.
Plus... I'm planning for an "I".
I stopped on the way home to get an I, just in case you had already posted the H before I could get home, but I got lucky.

Have fun getting the
I.

Attachments

Bike
'06 ST1300A
Bonne St-Jean!!

Well, I was waiting to see if someone (;)@ChriSTian_64) was going to post something… so in the absence of that, here is the “I”.

80A6F155-4D10-430A-AF58-61894F85479B.jpeg

Enjoy “J”oliette.

OP
OP
ChriSTian_64

ChriSTian_64

Site Supporter
Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
10h30 pm, with a "cool" 25 C / 77 F.... Much cooler than today.

That silly game made me get of my couch, go outside and ride more than 2 hours, in the "cool" evening, to a place where I never went before.

So here it is : not Joliet, Illinois, but Joliette, Quebec.
Note that.... just like Joliet in illinois, there is also a jail in Joliette : but a jail for women. o_O
Here is some info about Joliette : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joliette

I always like to learn something about the history of a place.
Now, I just learned that Joliette was founded by a descendant of Louis Jolliet. I always tought it was founded to honour him. No, it was founded by one of his descendant.
Louis Jolliet was this famous french-canadian explorer who, along with Marquette, went in expedition in 1673 , and explored and mapped the upper mississippi river.
They also travelled the mississippi down to the gulf of mexico. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Jolliet

Oh, I also learned that Joliette is a twinned city with "Brive-la-Gaillarde", in France.

Ah ! An interresting fact.... Joliette is the only city or town in Quebec, that begin with the letter "J." Yeah, incredible but true.

Pictures a bit dark.... but you can recognize a familiar shape.
Cellphone camera have a bit of difficulty with contrast : when my bike was well illuminated for the picture, the sign was too bright, and when the sign was right, the bike was too dark.

20210629_221454.jpg

20210629_224246.jpg

Last edited:

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
10:30 P.M.? Trying to sneak one in while you think that everyone is asleep are you?

I just happened to log in late last night and saw this. I had to gear up and head out to go get K before that foreigner from Ontario does it.
Now it is late and I am going to be tired when I am working tomorrow.

They have allowed the shrubbery to grow up to high in front of the lights that are supposed to be illuminating the sign in front of city hall. As a result, it is hard to discern the name.
So, to prove that I was there, I took another picture in front of the municipal library that has a much more visible sign.

P6290001.JPG

P6290002.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChriSTian_64

ChriSTian_64

Site Supporter
Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
And you're working this morning ???

Geeezzz... that game is driving us nuts.

But whit the sticky heat and humidity that we have these days, I have to admit, playing after dark is a lot more fun.
A bit more challenging for good pictures but, that's what it is.

Well done with the Library. Yeah for the city hall, it would have need to run on the mayor's grass. Not the best thing to do in kirkland. ;)

I like your solo seat.

Lorraine is a short distance from me.

Unless @Esti1300 decide to play a card. Hum.... those ontarian... ;)
I'm suspecting him to be half from Quebec, though.

Last edited:

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Here is the M, for Mascouche. This is where the deadly tornado was last week.
I couldn't get a picture of the front of city hall because it faces a very narrow street in the old part of town where there was no where safe to stop in front of the building.
The smaller sign on the left states that this parking spot, in front of the municipal court house, is reserved for the mayor, so it seemed like a fitting spot in which to park my ST.

P7010001.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom