• Start with a City beginning with A
    • This is BY STATE
    • Similar to the Tag contest, there will be one thread per state
    • Post a picture of your bike AND some sign, building etc which clearly shows the city/state you're in
    • The next person posts from a city with the name beginning with B, then C, D, etc
    • You can't posts back-to-back pics, you have to wait for a person to post the next city
    • Once Z is reached, the game starts over with A
    • If your state doesn't have a city beginning with the next letter in sequence, it's okay to skip that letter
    • If the location sits for more than one month, the person that posted that is open to move it to the next letter.

The World Wide game is a bit different as it is by whatever is considered a geographic type of regional category, state/province/village etc. and all those will be in the single World Wide A-Z topic.

QC: A to Z (Round 2)

OP
OP
ChriSTian_64
Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
Almost two months after your "J" @Andrew Shadow , here is the "K".

Kirkland would had been much more easy, and closer to us. But this one, sounded just too funny.

Kazabazua. Back and forth, that is a good 6 hours ride. But hey... weather is nice... and probably my last real ride of the season... so, why not.

20221005_170502.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChriSTian_64
Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
Christian, what did you buy for your ST while you were there?
Ha, ha. Not much things to do or buy, in Kazabazua. Except Gas or cigarette. And I don't smoke.

Or maybe you are reffering to something new you noticed on my ST1100 ? Like a Corbin seat ? ;)

Before Kazabazua, while in the Ottawa / Gatineau Area, I took the opportunity to go to the Champlain Overlook, in the gorgeous Gatineau Park.
Last time I was there was... 37 years ago.

20221005_145638.jpg

20221005_145725.jpg

20221005_152427.jpg

20221005_152842.jpg

I also really enjoyed the twisty route 105 north, from the end of Highway 5 to Kazabazua.

Really a nice ride. We have to do it next year Andrew. ; -)

In all, I was gone for nine hours, from noon to 9:15 pm.
But that included an hour break, in mid-afternoon, to enjoy the sun atop the Champlain Overlook, and about 30 minutes for a lunch, around 6:30 pm.
And I had to dress like an Eskimo, after supper, to get back home.

Last edited:

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Or maybe you are reffering to something new you noticed on my ST1100 ? Like a Corbin seat ?
I was referring to two things. The seat, which obviously was not the stock seat that you had the last time that I saw you.
How is it? Do you like it?

The other thing is that there used to be a place in the Kazabazua area that collected and sold odd-ball and hard-to-find parts and equipment for motorcycles. He often used to have stuff for older motorcycles that you couldn't find elsewhere. It wasn't really a scrap yard. He bought older and hard-to-find stuff from all over where ever he could find it and resold it. I really don't remember where it was and I don't even know if the business still exists, I haven't heard about it in a long time.
I thought that maybe you went up there to get something.

Really a nice ride. We have to do it next year Andrew.
What about this year?

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Way to go Christian!
Much nicer ride than going to Ville de Quebec.

Good test for that new windshield- how do you like it?

OP
OP
ChriSTian_64
Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
Yeah, it was a nice ride, indeed. On long portion of it, on the country side, the light traffic was flowing at 130 kmh / 80 mph.

We where lucky enough ( me and the other cars ) to have a police officer turning is flashing lights on for 2-3 seconds... just a kindly warning, slow down a bit folks.

I'm still amazed how well it went, with my back. I had my Corbin seat for this ride. Some day my back hurts, some day it feels just ok.

I like my new winshield very much. No more flies on my helmet, wich tells something, I think. Kind of proof in the pudding.

I also had the same earplug that you use. Very comfortable.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
R
Rockburn is the location of a well known pub in Quebec's apple country- Rockburn Pub.

It is a regular stop in the area for motorcyclists, motorcycle rallies, and classic car (especially British) rallies. The parking lot is usually full of motorcycles on weekends and holidays throughout the summer. It is also a stop on one of the routes of Quebec's extensive bicycle network.

I didn't stop to get a photo of the pub because it was raining, the sky was getting ominously dark and the temperature was dropping quickly, so I decided to get out of Dodge.

Patty (@Peppermint) can probably add a lot more colourful details about this bar. Apparently she frequented it often in her younger years.
There is probably a story or two to be told there isn't there Patty?

Rockburn.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom