Exped SynMat 9 DLX

George, is it very different or much more comfortable than a simple $20 Wally World air mattress?

Yep - it's insulated. I have been very comfortable on mine with temps in the 30's - for me an air mattress is only comfortable down to the 50-60's with the same sleeping bag.

Yep - it's insulated. I have been very comfortable on mine with temps in the 30's - for me an air mattress is only comfortable down to the 50-60's with the same sleeping bag.

Plus, it's wider than the cheap ones which means yur less likely to hang over the edges. Pricey at just over $100 but worth it in IMO, and I'm cheap. :D

This pad is even better when you slide it into the pad sleeve of the Big Angnes Summit Park sleeping bag. It is near impossible to roll off.

have you experienced the down in the summit park to make its way to the sides leaving your torso pretty much uninsulated? I'be read lots of complaints about that.

have you experienced the down in the summit park to make its way to the sides leaving your torso pretty much uninsulated? I'be read lots of complaints about that.

Not as yet. Have slept in the bag about 20 times. Just took a look and it seems the stitching keeps the down in place. The bag was bought in spring of 2009. I shake the bag to fluff up the down.

Figured I'd add my Kudos to the list...

the ExPed Synmat 9 DLX (The DLX is about 6" wider and a little bit longer too) is awesome! Big difference in that I felt no cold soaking through the mat from the ground in temps ~30F

Very comfortable and packs very small and lightweight too!:headbang:

There seems to be *two* versions of these:

One has two valves for deflating the mat. One at each corner of the mat

The other has a single recessed plug.

Anyone know which is newer?

<D>

There seems to be *two* versions of these:

One has two valves for deflating the mat. One at each corner of the mat

The other has a single recessed plug.

Anyone know which is newer?

<D>

I believe the one I have - 2 valves at corners - is the older one.

Top Bottom